Pursuant to Arizona state law (A.R.S. §15-1809.01), a student that was in foster care shall be eligible to receive a full tuition and fee waiver scholarship based on the following criteria:
- Resides in the state of Arizona.
- Is currently in foster care and is at least sixteen (16) years of age.
- Was in foster care when the person was at least sixteen (16) years of age.
- Was adopted from foster care and the adoption was finalized after the person was sixteen (16) years of age.
- Is a United States citizen or is a noncitizen who is lawfully present in this country.
- Has total personal assets worth less than ten thousand dollars ($10,000).
- Is under twenty-three (23) years of age.
- Is enrolled in a degree or certificate program and must demonstrate continuous progress toward that degree or certificate in order to remain eligible for a tuition waiver.
- Has completed and submitted to the United States Department of Education a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) before each year in which the student receives a tuition waiver.
- During each academic year in which the student receives a tuition waiver, they shall complete at least thirty (30) hours of volunteer service.
- Remains in good standing according to college policies.
Note: A tuition waiver will be reduced by the amount of any other federal aid, scholarships, or public grants received by that student.
If the foster care tuition waiver program ends before a recipient obtains an associate degree or certificate and before the recipient reaches twenty-three (23) years of age, that student shall continue to be awarded a tuition waiver scholarship until the student reaches twenty-three (23) years of age or obtains an associate degree or certificate, whichever occurs first, if the student continues to meet the scholarship criteria prescribed above.
To apply, please fill out an application on the Foster Care to Success portal.