The publicly elected five-member District Governing Board hires the college president, who leads and directs the college. Operations at NPC are divided into five main areas:
- Business Services is responsible for budgeting and financial matters, payroll, campus/center managers, Northeast Arizona Training Center (NATC), physical plant, maintenance and transportation concerns and the Small Business Development Center.
- Information Services (IS) manages the computing and communications assets, services and support for all of NPC. The IS Department is responsible for providing a secure, safe and reliable information infrastructure where students, employees and community members can teach and learn.
- Learning Services is charged with what and how instruction is offered at the college, including class scheduling, curriculum development and assessment of learning. The academic divisions of the college are: Arts & Sciences | Career & Technical Education | Education and College & Career Preparation | Nursing & Allied Health. Learning Services also provides oversight of the NPC library system and Instructional Innovation.
- Student Services oversees the broad spectrum of areas directly impacting NPC students. These include: academic advising, admissions, career services, office of accessibility and inclusion, financial aid, GED® testing and computerized certification testing, records & registration, marketing & public relations, student government and tutoring.
- The President has direct oversight of the Vice President for Administrative Services, Vice President for Learning & Student Services, Chief Information Officer, Chief Human Resources Officer, Director of Institutional Effectiveness, the Apache County coordinator, legislative/governmental/tribal relations, accreditation and external partnerships, including NPC Friends & Family.