The publicly elected five-member District Governing Board hires the college president, who leads and directs the college. Operations at NPC are divided into five main areas:
- The President has direct oversight of the Vice President for Administrative Services, Vice President for Learning & Student Services, Chief Information Officer, Chief Human Resources Officer, Director of Institutional Effectiveness, the Apache County coordinator, legislative/governmental/tribal relations, accreditation, and external partnerships, including NPC Friends & Family.
- Business Services is responsible for budgeting and financial matters, payroll, campus/center managers, Northeast Arizona Training Center (NATC), physical plant, maintenance, and transportation concerns, and the Small Business Development Center.
- Learning Services is charged with what and how instruction is offered at the college, including class scheduling, curriculum development, and assessment of learning. The academic divisions of the college are Arts & Sciences | Career & Technical Education | College & Career Preparation | Educator Preparation Programs | Nursing & Allied Health. Learning Services also provides oversight of the NPC library system and the division of Instructional Innovation.
- Student Services oversees the broad spectrum of areas directly impacting NPC students. These include: academic advising, admissions, career services, office of accessibility and inclusion, financial aid, GED® and computerized certification testing, records & registration, marketing & public relations, student government, and tutoring.
- Technology, Advancement & Support (TAS) manages the computing and communications assets, services, and support for all of NPC. The TAS Department is responsible for providing a secure, safe and reliable information infrastructure where students, employees, and community members can teach and learn.