Due to the COVID 19 Pandemic the NPC Financial Aid Office WILL NOT be implementing the FWS program for the Fall 2020 semester.
NPC has not received updated guidance to authorize the use of 2020-21 FWS funding to pay students who are not working on campus.
Under the current U.S. Department of Education (ED) guidance, students cannot continue to be paid Federal Work-Study (FWS) while they are not working in a FWS position for the upcoming 2020-21 award year.
** PLEASE NOTE: As soon as we are made aware that students will be returning to campus, we will send out an update to the 2020-2021 FWS Handbook and will have Spring 2021 Federal Work Study positions posted.
Federal Work Study is available to both full-time and half-time students. The primary mission of the Federal Work-Study (FWS) program is to:
- Help students who need part-time employment income and who can benefit from the work experience.
- Assist the student in developing good work habits in preparation for entering the workforce.
- Provide valuable employment opportunities and attempt to reflect the educational or vocational goals of the student.
To be eligible for NPC's Federal Work-Study program, you must complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have a completed financial aid file at the NPC Financial Aid Office and be registered for at least 6 course credits. Students can only qualify for the FWS program if they still have Need-based employment or FWS is employment that is awarded by the college to a student who demonstrates a financial need for these funds for the purpose of paying their cost of attendance. A student who has no unmet need after award does not qualify for FWS. Financial Need – Financial Aid Awarded = Unmet Need
Questions about FWS, contact Jennifer DoBell at (928) 524-7421. | email
- 2019-20 Federal Work-Study Handbook (PDF)
- FWS Employment Packet (3/20/19, PDF)
- Federal Work-Study Timesheet Record (for tracking purposes) Excel