It is available to both full-time and half-time students. The primary mission of the Federal Work-Study (FWS) program is to:
- Help students who need part-time employment income and who can benefit from the work experience.
- Assist the student in developing good work habits in preparation for entering the workforce.
- Provide valuable employment opportunities and attempt to reflect the educational or vocational goals of the student.
To be eligible for NPC's Federal Work-Study program, you must complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have a completed financial aid file at the NPC Financial Aid Office and be registered for at least 6 course credits. Students can only qualify for the FWS program if they still have Need-based employment or FWS is employment that is awarded by the college to a student who demonstrates a financial need for these funds for the purpose of paying their cost of attendance. A student who has no unmet need after award does not qualify for FWS. Financial Need – Financial Aid Awarded = Unmet Need
Questions about FWS, contact Jennifer DoBell at (928) 524-7421. | email
- 2019-20 Federal Work-Study Handbook (PDF)
- FWS Employment Packet (3/20/19, PDF)
- Federal Work-Study Timesheet Record (for tracking purposes) Excel
Available Federal Work-Study Positions
Contact the listed supervisor(s) below if you are interested in applying for a FWS position.
|NPC Location/Department||# of Positions||Supervisor|
|Show Low Campus|
|CCP Lab||1||Nichole Hendricks|
|Front Office||1||Colleen Readel|
|Business Office||2||Kara Belin|
|Records & Registration||2||Deena Gillespie|
|Financial Aid Office||1||Marletha Baloo|
|CCP Lab||2||Shandiin Deputee|
|Front Office||1||Tamara Osborne|
|Hopi Center (Polacca, AZ)|
|Front Office||2||Cara Dukepoo|