Teacher classes offered are:
POS Classes: If you need teacher certification classes for the Arizona Constitution (POS 221 • 1 Credit) and/or the U.S. Constitution (POS 222 • 1 Credit) courses required by the Arizona Department of Education for certification, then NPC has what you need! The Arizona Constitution course pays special attention to the operation of state and local government, and the U.S. Constitution course focuses on its philosophical and historical roots to its modern-day structure. You can register ANY time for these two classes and complete them at your own pace, online! However, you MUST complete these courses within one year of registering or you will be forced to re-register and pay tuition and fees again.
Your enrollment confirmation email from the NPC Records & Registration - Admissions Office will have the information you need to log-in to MyNPC, find your POS class(es), and access your Moodle account that contains specific course instructions and a syllabus.
NOTE: Submission of the online course registration for POS 221 & 222 does NOT guarantee enrollment in these classes. Only a confirmation email will let you know when you are officially enrolled. (Usually within 5 business days, except for holidays/college closures. Call the Records & Registration - Admissions Office at (928) 524-7459 if you do not receive an email after 5 business days.)
SEI Classes: If you need to meet the Structured English Immersion (SEI) provisional endorsement requirements for teachers, then NPC has what you need!* These three courses are offered on a semester basis and are NOT start and end at your own pace. Courses may not be offered every semester. Check the class schedule for availability and the academic calendar for semester start/end dates.
Introduction to SEI Augmented (EDU 280 • 3 Credits) - understanding the English language learner in K-12
- Introduction to SEI (EDU 281 • 1 Credit) - understanding the English language learner in the mainstream classroom
- SEI and English as a Second Language Teaching Methods (EDU 282 • 3 Credits) - methods of developing and analyzing lesson plans in all content areas using English Language Learners (ESL) standards
*Always check with the Arizona Department of Education to verify your individual requirements for SEI endorsement.
Education Technology (EDU 286 • 3 Credit) is a full semester course designed to develop and enhance technology literacy for educators. Students will develop an understanding of and gain working skills in educational technology and document their knowledge and skills using a digital portfolio. Course topics include e-learning, instructional design, distance education, International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) standards, and educational technology foundations. This course may not be offered every semester, check the class schedule search for course offerings and the academic calendar for semester start/end dates. New students will need to complete an NPC application form.
- No textbook required! Convenient course access 24/7
- Learn how to use FREE Google tools
- Create your lesson plans online
- Learn how to find, manage and evaluate technology resources
- Communicate effectively with the digital natives
- This course may be tax-deductible as continuing education credit (consult tax adviser for exemption requirements)
- See current tuition rates
- Qualifications for in-state tuition rate.
Questions Please contact LaTonya Motley at (928) 532-6149. | email