Saturday, Sept. 14, 2019
LIMIT: Only 250 riders total allowed in the park! Rider's space is reserved ONLY when the registration form is completed AND the entrance fee has been paid. Registration fills fast so don't wait!
COST PER BIKER: $104 (regardless of age)
Ride cost includes the entrance fee to the park, one ride logo T-shirt and a draw string bag. Due to Federal park regulations we CANNOT register cyclists the day of the event.
LOCATION: Petrified Forest National Park, (Park entrance 26 miles east of Holbrook, AZ on Interstate 40 - Exit 311)
RIDE OPTIONS: This is a tour ride, not a race.
- Metric Century: 100 km/63-mile round trip of the Petrified Forest National Park.
- Metric Half-Century: 50 km/31-mile one-way trip to "Rainbow Forest" with transportation back to the starting point.
POST-RIDE MEAL OPTION: This year's ride features three post-ride meal options that can be purchased through registration. Choices include a Navajo Taco, Prickly Pear Pulled Pork Sandwich, or Vegetarian Tepa Burger. Gluten free bread is available upon request. All meals will be served at the Painted Desert Diner at the north end of the park. Those who purchase the post-ride meal will be given a meal ticket when they check in for the ride.
IT'S ALL FOR SCHOLARSHIPS: This ride raises need-based scholarship dollars for the students at Northland Pioneer College. While not mandatory, we ask you to set up your own fund-raising page through Crowdrise (a link will be provided in your registration confirmation email). If each rider raises just $200, that will provide an additional $50,000 for students to reach their educational goals and transform their lives! We appreciate your support for this ride and the students of Northland Pioneer College.
Order Your Pedal the Petrified Bike Jersey: $75
Purchase helps raise funds for NPC student scholarships.
This jersey is not included in $104 rider fee.
DIRECTIONS: The Petrified Forest National Park stretches north and south between Interstate 40 and Highway 180, 26 miles east of Holbrook, AZ. There are two entrances into the park. All riders will start at the NORTH ENTRANCE of the park (I-40, Exit 311) at 7:00 a.m. See park directions.
RULES & INFORMATION:
- All participants must sign a legal waiver.
- Children under the age of 18 must have a parent/guardian sign a waiver AND be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Children or pets in bike carriers or trailer are NOT allowed on this ride.
- All participants are required to wear a bike helmet.
- Due to the limited number of riders, we are NOT able to give refunds* or to allow riders to transfer their registration to another rider.
- Since we are limited to 250 riders, your participation in this ride will only be reserved upon complete payment of the bike rider fee.
- All participants must obey all traffic laws and park regulations. All roads in the park will still be open to traffic.
- No littering.
- Shuttle service will be available for riders who participate in the 31-mile ride back to the north entrance.
- Emergency services will be available within the park. All riders are expected to accommodate their own non-emergency medical needs.
- Each SAG stop will have water and snacks available. Riders are expected to accommodate their own dietary restrictions and carry their own refillable water bottles.
- The Pedal the Petrified bike ride will run as scheduled, rain or shine. No refunds or vouchers will be provided due to inclement weather. Participants are responsible for preparing for and reacting to weather conditions.
- Riders are responsible for their own safety.
Call Betsyann Wilson, (800) 266-7845, ext. 6245, or send her an email.
*Sorry, no refunds will be issued.