Why should I join the SGA? Because you will:
- Be the voice of every student and help improve campus life;
- Make new friends and connections with students from all nine NPC locations;
- Learn to work as a team and help give back to the NPC student community;
- Gain leadership experience;
- Help organize campus activities and community events;
- Look great on your résumé or university application; and
- Have lots of fun!
SGA yearly events include:
- Food Drives
- Fall Ice Cream Social
- Laptop Scholarship Contest
- Cornhole Tournament
- Talent Show
- University Transfer Road Trips
- Provide Costa Rica Scholarships for NPC students to study Spanish
- Recommend and purchase items that improve NPC student life
See what we have been up to on: NPC Student Government.
Who can join SGA?
Currently enrolled NPC students who are taking at least 6 credit hours per semester and have at least a 2.0 GPA.
What will be expected of me?
All SGA members must attend at least 4 meetings per semester and give 5 hours of volunteer time to SGA or NPC events/activities. Officers and Senators have additional obligations, and also receive monetary service awards for semesters served in their positions.
When can I join SGA?
You can join and participate in SGA as a general member at any time. Senators are elected each fall semester for the academic year (one fall and spring semester). Officers are elected in the spring to serve the following academic year.
When are SGA elections?
Each fall semester SGA holds elections for senators, two per campus (8) and one per center (5), usually the second or third week of fall classes. Officer elections will be held at the end of the spring semester. If you are interested in running for office as a senator, please fill out an election application and submit it by the deadline. All current students are encouraged to participate in electing their senator(s).
Who are the SGA Officers and Senators?
When are SGA meetings?
Meetings will take place twice a month. Meeting dates will be decided based on members' schedules - check the Events Calendar for upcoming meetings.
All students are welcome to attend and participate.
Interested? Contact SGA Advisor, Muriel Metcalf | (928) 532-6241 | Email
NPC SGA Constitution (PDF) • SGA Application (PDF) • Student Activities Committee Checklist (PDF)