- Any college level credits that are part of an approved degree program are applicable toward meeting the requirements. For NPC courses to be acceptable the staff member must have an approved degree contract on file and the course(s) taken must be part of the degree, however the degree does not have to be directly applicable to the staff member's assignment at the college. Courses taken at other institutions must be applicable towards a degree the staff member is pursuing at that institution.
- It will require the completion of twelve credits to complete the requirements for an adjustment in salary. Waiver of tuition for NPC courses does not prevent a course from being applicable to the twelve credit requirement. There is no time limit for the completion of the twelve credits. All credits must be taken from a regionally accredited institution.
- The adjustment in salary will be equal to one grade increase on the salary schedule. Grade increases will be awarded unless it would place the staff person beyond the grade limits of their classified employment level. Any staff that is at the maximum grade for their employment level will be given a one-time stipend equal to the dollar amount of a grade increase on the salary schedule.
- All documents and verification must be presented to the Human Resources Office. When the Human Resources Office has certified the completion of the requirements, they will prepare a contract to reflect the change in salary.
- Notification of intent to complete a 12 unit block for an adjustment to salary must be made to the Human Resources Office prior to January 15 preceding the contract year the adjustment to salary would become effective.
- All course work to be effective for the current contract year must be completed prior to September 15. A revised contract will be issued when appropriate documents and verification are submitted to the Human Resources Office.
- Effective January 1, 2018, deadlines will be strictly adhered to.
All NPC campuses/centers are CLOSED to the general public until further notice. Some campus/center buildings and offices are open to those with specific college business such as currently enrolled students and class registration. All college offices are still providing services remotely during normal business hours. Find the most up-to-date information at www.npc.edu/covid19.