Policy 1500 Employee Evaluations
The President is responsible for the development of procedures for the annual evaluation of all college employees.
Policy 1510 Selection of Staff
The President has the responsibility of filling budgeted positions and bringing the names to the next Board Meeting. See also Policy 1210.
Policy 1521 Job Descriptions
The President, or designee, is authorized to prepare a job description for each employee or each group of employees.
Policy 1524 Contracts and Agreements for Employment
The President, or designee, is authorized to provide written agreements for employment and for the establishment of procedures for payment. All agreements for employment will specify salaries, wages and other certain terms and conditions of employment.
Policy 1525 Pay Periods and Compensations
The President, or designee, is authorized to establish procedures for pay periods, issuance of paychecks, issuance of employment agreements, and professional development compensation.
Policy 1526 Policies as Conditions of Employment
The Board policies and their designated procedures will be deemed incorporated into each agreement of employment, executed on behalf of the college, as terms and conditions of employment. Violation of any of these policies will be sufficient cause for disciplinary action, as outlined in associated college procedures. The Board reserves the right to modify, add, or eliminate any policy whenever it appears practicable or appropriate. The provisions of the District Policy and Procedure Manual are applicable to all persons on the effective date of the change.
Policy 1527 Work Week and Flex Time
Hours and Compensation
The regular workweek for full-time employees is a forty (40) hours.
Policy 1535 Whistle-Blower Policy
No adverse personnel action will be taken against any Northland Pioneer College employee in reprisal for the disclosure of information on a matter of public concern to a public body, as defined in A.R.S. §38-531(4).
Policy 1536 Personnel Hearing Board (Deleted 01/16/18)
Policy 1537 (Deleted 9/21/04)
Policy 1538 Employee Record Confidentiality
The President, or designee, is authorized to establish procedures for the confidentiality of employee records and the release of information.
Policy 1539 (Deleted 9/21/04)
Policy 1540 Affirmative Action
The President is responsible for the establishment of procedures whereby the college shall insure equal employment opportunity within all areas of the college, and equal opportunity in the educational services of the college. These procedures shall be in consonance with State and Federal regulations and guidelines.
Policy 1541 Harassment (Deleted 9/15/2020)
Superseded by Policy 1102 Equal Opportunity, Harassment and Nondiscrimination
Policy 1542 Reimbursement of Interview Expenses
The college may reimburse candidates for expenses related to interviews in an amount to be established by the President, in accordance with A.R.S. §15-1406.
Policy 1543 Unsolicited Applications (Deleted 01/16/18)
Policy 1545 Nepotism
Members of the same family (spouse, siblings, or parents, and children) or immediate household members may be employed by the college except under the following circumstances:
- When one member of a family would be responsible for institutional decisions involving possible direct benefit (including initial appointment, retention, promotion, salary, leave of absence, etc.) to another member of the same family; or
- When one member of a family would be responsible for supervising, evaluating, or auditing the work of another member of the same family.
When circumstances or relationships conflict or threaten the best interests of the college, the President may make transfers and/or reassignments as needed.
Policy 1549 Official Holidays
The official College Academic Calendar shall be approved by the Board.
Policy 1550 Leave of Absence
The Board authorizes the President, or designee, to grant leave according to established procedure.
Policy 1555 Outside Employment
It shall not be in violation of the policies of the college for full-time employees to be employed by entities other than the college; providing the outside employment shall not interfere with the employment duties of the individual at the college as determined by the employee's supervisor. In no case shall the outside employment interfere with the ability of the college employee to satisfactorily fulfill his/her duties and responsibilities at the college.
Policy 1556 Employee Attendance Obligations
The President, or designee, is authorized to establish procedures for employee attendance obligations.
Policy 1560 Drug-Free Workplace
It is the intent and policy of the college to maintain a drug-free and alcohol-free working environment for its employees and students.
- Employees are expected and required to report to work on time and in appropriate mental and physical condition for work. It is the college's intent and obligation to provide a drug-free and alcohol-free, healthful, safe and secure work environment.
- The college prohibits the unlawful manufacture, distribution, dispensing, possession or use of controlled substances and alcohol on college premises, while conducting college business, or at any time which would interfere with the effective conduct of the employee's work for the college.
- The college recognizes drug and/or alcohol dependency as illnesses and major health problems. The college also recognizes drug and alcohol abuses as potential health, safety and security problems. Employees needing help in dealing with such problems are encouraged to seek help, either through their own resources or by requesting help or referral through the sources designated in the procedure based on this policy. Conscientious efforts to seek help will not jeopardize any employee's job.
- Employees must, as a condition of employment, abide by the terms of this policy and report any convictions under a criminal drug statute for violation occurring on or off college premises while conducting college business. A report of a conviction must be made within five (5) days after the conviction as mandated by the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988.
Policy 1561 Communicable Diseases
The Board authorizes the President, or designee, to develop and implement procedures for the prevention of the spread of communicable diseases within the college.
Policy 1562 Political Activity
An employee shall not engage in any political activity while acting as an agent of the college.
An employee shall not use the authority of his or her position to influence or attempt to influence the vote or political activity of any subordinate employee or any person who is a student being instructed by the employee.
Policy 1570 Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
The President, or designee, shall develop procedures for implementing the provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993.
Policy 1575 Sabbatical Leave
The President, or designee, is authorized to develop procedures for sabbatical leave.
Policy 1580 Retirement of College Employees
The President, or designee, is authorized to establish procedures and guidelines for retirement and for emeritus and meritorious service recognition.
Policy 1581 Early Retirement (Deleted 01/16/18)
Policy 1591 Due Process
The President shall provide for the establishment of due process procedures for enforcement of ordinances, rules, and regulations pertaining to governance of the college. Whenever the President is procedurally removed from the process, the Board shall be the final review and decision authority.
Policy 1595 Separation from Employment
The President, or designee, is authorized to develop procedures for separation from employment with the college.