As a member of NPC's group medical insurance plan, terminating full-time, regular employees (for any reason other than gross misconduct) may opt to remain on the plan. Other qualifying events include: reduction of work hours due to a change to part-time status, employee death, divorce or legal separation of employee and spouse, disability and attainment of legal dependents legal age.
- Employees wishing to retain medical coverage shall notify the Business Office of their intent (in writing).
- COBRA election must be made within 60 days of the qualifying event.
- Checks shall be made payable to NPC and received prior to the last day of the month, for payment of monthly premium.
- Failure to make timely payments may serve as a cause to terminate medical coverage.
- The cost of the insurance to the former employee is the actual cost to the college plus a 2% administrative fee.