NPC partners with a third party vendor who hosts and operates a virtual bookstore site known as the NPC Online Bookstore. The NPC Online Bookstore can be accessed by going to the NPC website, www.npc.edu/textbooks-bookstore.
- Students are able to purchase their discounted textbooks online 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
- Students are able to place orders online as well as by telephone, email or fax.
- Student purchases are delivered directly to the student’s physical or mailing address.
- The vendor will accept payment placed by check, money order, credit, debit card or NPC’s installment payment plan, known as eCashier.
- NPC will assist the vendor in the design and construction of the NPC Online Bookstore site.
- NPC is responsible to provide the vendor a complete textbook adoption list each academic semester.
- Students may use alternative methods to acquire textbooks and student supplies.
- Seven weeks prior to the start of registration for each academic semester the Instructional Division Deans (Deans) will provide an approved textbook adoption list to the Bookstore Manager who will forward the compiled list to the vendor.
- The approved textbook adoption list will include the following:
- Classes offered that semester with estimated enrollment figures.
- Required textbooks for each class. Required textbooks are those that instructors will require students to acquire for a class.
- Identification of textbooks that are required to be new, such as workbooks.
- Identification of recommended materials for each class. Recommended materials are those that are related to the field of study which the instructor suggest but do not require students to use.
- Instructor desk copies of textbooks will be ordered by the Deans.
- The Bookstore Manager will assist in selecting and advertising textbook buyback periods. Textbook buyback periods are designated dates and times for each semester when students can sell textbooks back to the vendor.
III. STUDENT SUPPLIES
- The Bookstore Manager will order and determine distribution practices for specialty supplies approved by the Deans. The Deans will recommend the quantity to be ordered based on enrollment. Specialty Supplies are supplies used for specialized study in a class, for example, cosmetology or art supplies.
- The Bookstore Manager will determine the selection, quality, and quantity of Miscellaneous Supplies. Miscellaneous Supplies are sold at Campus and Center offices. Miscellaneous Supplies are supplies used for educational purposes, for example composition books and calculators.
- Student supplies pricing is based on the list price suggested by vendors "rounded off" to the nearest whole dollar or half dollar.
- Inventories held by the bookstore are accounted for at the lower of cost (first-in, first-out method) or market.