Under certain extenuating circumstances, it may be necessary to waive, or modify, program or institutional requirements for graduation, as they are described in the college catalog. The procedure for requesting a waiver or course substitution is as follows:
- A petition form must be completed by the student, with the assistance of an academic adviser.
- All supporting documentation (transcripts, degree intent, related petitions, correspondence, rationale, etc.) must be attached to the petition.
- Petitions requesting a program change will be reviewed and recommended by the adviser and appropriate dean.
- Petitions requesting a modification of institutional requirements or transfer of credits will be forwarded to the Registrar for approval.
- All petitions, including supporting documentation, must be sent to the Vice President for Learning and Student Services. The Vice President for Learning and Student Services will determine final disposition.