The College recognizes that campus facilities may be unable to be used on a scheduled or unscheduled basis during emergencies and provides these guidelines for use during facility closure.
- The Vice President for Administrative Services will notify other College officers and employees of any scheduled building closures as soon as possible. An officer of the College will determine when buildings are unusable.
- Supervisors will have the responsibility for rescheduling the work of employees under their direction for completion at a different site, if possible.
- Officers of the College will work together to provide alternate work sites and/or alternate work assignments for employees who are in buildings scheduled to be closed.
- When the loss of utilities or other unscheduled event makes the workplace intolerable, the immediate supervisor may select another place for employees to continue assigned work.
- If it is not possible for the employee to perform their regular job functions at another site, the employee may be reassigned to assist employees in another building.
- If an employee is unable to be given a suitable alternate assignment and is unable to provide services to other campus departments, that employee may appropriately be released from duties without any deduction from accrued leave.
- If an employee is unwilling to accept an alternate assignment, that employee may elect to use accrued leave.
- When the assigned work site is open, as an employer, the College maintains a reasonable expectation that employees will attend their place of work for scheduled work hours.
- If an employee is unable to attend their place of work because of inclement weather or a natural disaster when the employee's work site is open, the employee must notify his/her direct supervisor. In exceptional circumstances, and taking into consideration the needs of the institution, consultation with the supervisor may conclude that the employee is not required that day, in which case the employee may further arrange with the supervisor to claim a leave day. The arrangement must be confirmed in writing with the supervisor as soon as possible upon return to work.