- The President is the official public spokesperson for Northland Pioneer College (NPC). The President can at any time designate a spokesperson to speak on behalf of the college.
- The Marketing and Public Relations (M&PR) Office, in order to maintain proper image and quality standards, is solely responsible for coordinating the development, production and distribution of paid advertisements; apparel and giveaways; media releases and articles; college reports; and brochures, fliers, posters, special event programs and other printed materials for distribution to the public on behalf of the college. All materials not produced by M&PR must be approved by the M&PR office or the vice president/director responsible for that area.
- Specific topics for media releases may be requested or suggested in writing by college employees through submission of a Marketing and Public Relations Media Request Form or via email. Releases are generated by or approved by the M&PR office and distributed to the appropriate media at the most advantageous time.
- Departments needing graphics or publication design produced by Marketing and Public Relations must submit their requests in writing to that office on a Marketing and Public Relations Graphics Request Form or via email.
- The Marketing and Public Relations Office shall select external printers/vendors and obtain quotes or bids as required by college purchasing guidelines.
- M&PR is solely responsible for the design, theming, and organization of NPC’s public website, www.npc.edu. The Director of Marketing and Public Relations will work with college departments/offices to establish content on the public website. Once established, responsibility for maintaining information accuracy of department/office pages will be the responsibility of the administrator or dean of that area.
- After notifying and coordinating their efforts with the Director of Marketing and Public Relations, Northland Pioneer College departments and student organizations may establish social media sites on behalf of the college. These outlets such as, but not limited to, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter, must, when possible, connect to Northland Pioneer College’s official main social media outlets to ensure continuity of all social media sites created on behalf of the college. All such outlets must conform to NPC Procedure 2420: Social Media Policy.
- Any employee of the college or organized student groups who wishes speak for NPC in an official capacity by utilizing broadcast media (radio, TV, live radio remotes, talk shows, pod casts) must first inform the President’s office for approval before appearing on or responding to that media outlet.
Registration for FALL classes is open NOW through Aug. 21. Please note that the FALL 2020 schedule is subject to change as the college works to best serve its students and keep them safe during the COVID-19 Pandemic. All NPC campuses/centers are CLOSED until further notice, but all college offices are still providing services remotely during normal business hours. Find the most up-to-date information at www.npc.edu/covid19.