Board duties and responsibilities include the following:
- To attend Board meetings.
- To provide the leadership for the development and review of the college's mission and goals.
- To provide the leadership for the development of policies to achieve the college's mission and goals.
- To attend Arizona Association of District Governing Board meetings as designated.
- To be informed so that they may respond to questions from and concerns of constituents, and be prepared to participate effectively in Board meetings.
- To support college activities by promotion and attendance.
- To represent local campus/center and constituency concerns while retaining Board district perspective.
- To have an understanding of the difference between policy and procedure.
- To carry out committee assignments.
- Annual Board self-assessment
- Annual presidential review and evaluation.
Based on Policy #1085; Revised 9/14