Apply for your VA Educational Benefits through the VA website.
- If you have already applied and been approved for your educational benefits, NPC will need a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility letter.
- Set up your eBenefits account with the VA so you will have access to your VA profile as well as letter downloads.
Documentation we will need from you:
- Certificate of Eligibility (required every academic year) This is from the VA with your approval of educational benefits, and shows how many years or months you are eligible to take classes. See eBenefits link above to enroll.
- DD214 (not required for Chapter 35)
- Military Transcripts (not required for Chapter 35)
- Any prior college or university transcripts
- Compliance Agreement
- Request for Certification of Educational Benefits
- VA Promissory Note (required every semester)
Submit ALL documentation to NPC's VA Certifying Official. Veteran students are responsible for ensuring all documentation is accurate and complete.
- Chapter 31 (Voc Rehab) students need to contact the Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor Katrina Halbig by email for authorization to received benefits. Form 28-1905: Authorization and Certification of Entrance or Reentrance into Rehabilitation and Certification of Status
Chapter 30, 1606, and 1607 students must verify their enrollment monthly by Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) or by Interactive Voice Response (IVR) by calling (877) 823-2378. Your enrollment can be verified starting on the last calendar day of the month.
Meet With An NPC Academic Adviser To:
(You will need to know which Chapter you are. If you do not know which Chapter you are approved for, call the GI Bill® hotline at (888) 422-4551.)
- Declare your degree intent
- Fill out the Compliance Agreement and Request for Certification for Educational Benefits
- Fill out the VA Promissory Note
Registering For Classes
- Only classes which are required to complete your degree plan, will be certified.
- Audited courses do not qualify for VA benefits.
- Be sure to have ALL your documentation with you, especially your VA Promissory Note. The note will prevent you from being dropped from classes until your VA stipend begins to come in. This note must be completed every semester you use your VA educational benefits.
- NPC's VA Certifying Official is responsible for certifying your credits and reporting your academic progress to the VA Regional Office.
Complete NPC's VA Orientation
As part of your VA Educational Benefits, it is required that you complete the VA Orientation module in Moodle. This module provides basic information about VA student roles and responsibilities, student expectations, resource opportunities and using your VA Educational Benefits at NPC. You must complete the VA orientation before the end of the semester or a hold will be placed on your account.
Notify NPC's VA Certifying Official If:
- Your status changes any time during the semester, including but not limited to mitigating circumstances
- You change your degree program
- You change to dual majoring or vice-versa
- You add or drop of class(es) to your schedules
- Your address, phone number or email changes
NOTE: Any changes can potentially change your VA Educational Benefits. All proper documentation must be submitted to the NPC VA Certifying Official and the VA Office.