If you have not set up your e-Benefits account with the VA:
Go to the eBenefits website and set up an account so you will have access to your VA profile as well as letter downloads.
Documentation we will need from you:
- VA Promissory Note (required every semester)
You should have already submitted:
- Certificate of Eligibility (required every academic year) This is from the VA with your approval of educational benefits, and shows how many years or months you are eligible to take classes. See eBenefits link above to enroll.
- DD214 (not required for Chapter 35)
- Military Transcripts (not required for Chapter 35)
- Any prior college or university transcripts
- Compliance Agreement
- Request for Certification of Educational Benefits
Submit ALL documentation to NPC's VA Certifying Official. Veteran students are responsible for ensuring all documentation is accurate and complete.
- Chapter 31 (Voc Rehab) students need to contact the Vocational Rehabilitation Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor Katrina Halbig by email for authorization to received benefits. Form 28-1905: Authorization and Certification of Entrance or Reentrance into Rehabilitation and Certification of Status
Chapter 30 and 1606 students must verify their enrollment monthly by Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) or by Interactive Voice Response (IVR) by calling (877) 823-2378. Your enrollment can be verified starting on the last calendar day of the month.
Meet With An NPC Academic Adviser To:
- Review your degree audit
- Review your NPC unofficial transcript to ensure you are not repeating classes
- Review your plan for success
- Discuss any dual majors, change in program and/or university bridge programs
Registering For Classes
- Only classes which are required to complete your degree plan, will be certified.
- Audited courses do not qualify for VA benefits.
- Be sure to have ALL your documentation with you, especially your VA Promissory Note. The note will prevent you from being dropped from classes until your VA stipend begins to come in. This note must be completed every semester you use your VA educational benefits.
- NPC's VA Certifying Official is responsible for certifying your credits and reporting your academic progress to the VA Regional Office.
- You should have already completed the NPC VA Orientation in Moodle. If not, do so right away!
Notify NPC's VA Certifying Official If:
- Your status changes any time during the semester, including but not limited to mitigating circumstances
- You change your degree program
- You change to dual majoring or vice-versa
- You add or drop of class(es) to your schedules
- Your address, phone number or email changes
NOTE: Any changes can potentially change your VA Educational Benefits. All proper documentation must be submitted to the NPC VA Certifying Official and the VA Office.