The facility use cost recovery procedure was developed to recover the operating and maintenance costs resulting from the use of facilities for activities not sponsored by Northland Pioneer College.
- Northland Pioneer College facilities are designed primarily for use by its educational programs and services, student organizations, and other College sponsored activities.
- Requests for use of facilities will be considered in accordance with the following criteria.
- The function does not interfere with regularly scheduled college classes or activities.
- The function is in the best interest of the local community and will not conflict with programs for the college constituents.
- The function does not violate any local, state, or federal laws or college regulations.
- Priority will be given on the following basis.
- Affirmed college sponsored functions
- Non-profit organizations co-sponsoring their functions with the College
- Organizations granted fee-waived status
- Other non-profit organizations
- State and governmental agencies
- Profit making organizations
- Reservations must be made a minimum of two weeks in advance.
- The requestor agrees to assume responsibility for any loss or damage to the facility or equipment resulting from misuse or any deviation from facility rules and agrees to assume liability for personal injuries associated with the activity.
- The requestor agrees to hold the college harmless of any accidents, or injuries occurring while using college facilities.
- The College requires all outside entities using college facilities to provide a Certificate of Insurance for liability in the amount of not less than $1,000,000 (one million) and naming the Navajo County Community College District and the Arizona Community College Board as additional insured.
- Compliance with insurance coverage requirement must be on file prior to use of College facilities.
- Payment of the facility use cost recovery fee is to be paid in advance of the scheduled event, unless other arrangements have been made.
- Cost recovery fee will be per the fee schedule, which follows.
PROCEDURES FOR RENTAL OF FACILITIES
The responsibility for coordinating the rental of all facilities has been placed with the campus operations coordinators for the four campuses. Satellite coordinators will continue to process rental agreements as in the past. The district office coordinator is the receptionist. The process will be as follows:
- Any staff member of a department desiring to rent facilities should contact the Campus Operations Manager who will coordinate the rental details and keep the requestor informed.
- The Campus Operations Manager fills out the facility agreement.
- The lessor signs the facility agreement.
- All copies are returned to the Campus Operations Manager.
- The Campus Operations Manager prepares a requisition.
- The requisition and facility agreement are sent to the Vice President for Administrative Services for signature.
- The Vice President forwards the requisition and the original facility agreement to the Business Office where funds will be encumbered and a purchase order be issued to the lessor.
- The Vice President returns the yellow and pink copies of the facility agreement to the Campus Operations Manager.
- The Campus Operations Manager mails the lessor the yellow copy of the facility agreement plus a request for an invoice to be sent directly to the Business Office. Copy sent to the requestor if rental is a special request.
- The Business Office mails the purchase order to the lessor and a reminder that payment cannot be made until an invoice is received.
- The Business Office pays the invoice and sends a copy of the paid requisition to the Campus Operations Manager.
The fee schedule shall be waived for: Approved events sponsored by NPC, approved activities co-sponsored by NPC, and may be waived for selected organizations granted fee waived status.
|Multi-Purpose Room||$35 Minimum up to 4 hours; $50 (4 to 8 hours)|
|Multi-Purpose lounge||$5 per hour|
|District Office Conference Room||$20 minimum up to 3 hours; $40 per day|
|Classroom||$20 minimum up to 3 hours; $5 per hour over 3 hours|
|Control room operator||$10 per hour|
|Distance classroom||$15 unlock and lock per site|
|RENTAL OF FURNISHINGS AND EQUIPMENT FOR OFF-CAMPUS USE (must be picked up by user)|
|Chairs||$1 each daily|
|Tables||$3 each daily|
|PA System||$25 per day|
|Lighting System||$50 per day|
|Spotlight||$25 per day|
|Key Deposit||$10 refundable|
|Setup||$10 per hour|
|Unlock and lockup||$15 for both|