Who is eligible to apply?
- Degree-seeking at NPC.
- Demonstrate financial need. This is a NEED-based scholarship.
- Enrolled for 6 or more credits at NPC during the semester of award.
- Cumulative Grade-Point Average of 2.0 or better.
- High school diploma or GED®.
- Not in overpayment status at NPC. Over the credit limit - Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students who have previously obtained a Bachelor's degree should contact Betsyann Wilson email@example.com. Students currently in high school at the time of award are not eligible to apply.
You must have CURRENT written proof from the NPC Financial Aid Office that you are NOT eligible to receive the Pell grant. Please request and obtain this proof (financial aid denial letter) before applying for this scholarship.
If you are unable to complete the FAFSA, due to circumstances beyond your control, please contact Betsyann Wilson at 928-536-6245 prior to submitting your application.
How do you apply?
Attach all application documents as directed on the online application form.
- Essay – 500 words or fewer – Addressing the following:
- What are your career goals;
- What resources you have to fund your education making you qualified to receive this scholarship; and
- Why the scholarship is needed, and specifically how it will be used.
The key to the scholarship essay is that it is a personal narrative, reflecting your experiences and goals. DO NOT USE ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE, SUCH AS CHAT GPT, to write your essay. It is important that your personal voice come through!
- Click here for tips on writing your scholarship essay
- View Video Tutorial on the Friends & Family Scholarship Process
- Demonstration of financial status as evidenced by Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Student Aid Report (SAR) PAGE 1 ONLY or letter of denial from NPC Financial Aid Office or MyNPC page.
- Your unofficial transcript from https://mynpc.npc.edu/ics indicating your degree intent; students without an NPC transcript must submit a degree plan (see academic advisor)
IMPORTANT: Please attach all required documents to the application form.
NOTE: By completing this scholarship application, students will be considered for each of the NPC Friends & Family scholarships for which they meet the eligibility criteria. Students will need to set up an account in the next step in order to work on, save, and submit an application.
* Scholarship recipients may re-apply for this award in subsequent academic years (not to exceed two consecutive semesters)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Thursday, November 16 at 12:00 NOON MST., for funding for the SPRING 2024 semester.
Applications received after this date/time will not be accepted, regardless of why they are late. You are STRONGLY advised to submit your application well in advance of the deadline date!
Questions For more information, contact NPC Friends and Family Executive Director Betsyann Wilson: 928-536-6245 or firstname.lastname@example.org.