A Scholarship For High School Seniors
The President’s Scholars Program is Northland Pioneer College's most prestigious merit award that recognizes your high level of academic performance in high school. Because of your achievement, NPC offers you an opportunity to become a President's Scholar. This honorary program includes specialized attention from faculty, as well as a scholarship that covers your tuition, fees and books at NPC for four semesters!
Recognition and Benefits
The President's Scholarship is a $2,200 per semester award that covers tuition and fees, plus book costs. (If book allowance is insufficient, contact the NPC Financial Aid Office for assistance.) If grade standards are maintained (cumulative 3.25 or better) and full participation in the Scholars Program continues, you will receive the scholarship for four semesters.
Meals are provided for participation in Scholars enrichment activities.
Your inclusion in the President's Scholars program is noted on your transcript, in various forums and recognized at graduation.
Gain new insights and enjoy individual assistance from college faculty and advisers. The enhanced academic scholars curriculum refines and develops the skills you need for success in upper division studies at a four-year college.
To Be Eligible
- You must be graduating this academic year from a Navajo or Apache county, Arizona high school with a 3.5 GPA or better.
- Your class rank may also be considered.
- Home-schooled students should contact the Recruiting Adviser BEFORE applying.
- Applicant may not be a transfer student from another college.
- Commit to completing a degree at NPC.
- Maintain a 3.25 or better cumulative GPA at NPC to retain scholarship eligibility.
- Complete an average of 16 credits per semester to retain scholarship program eligibility. If at any time, a President's Scholars recipient drops below the full-time student status they will be required to pay all their tuition, fees and book expenses for that semester.
- Enroll each semester in the one-credit Honors Colloquia, a series of courses especially designed for President's Scholars.
- Use this scholarship for four consecutive NPC fall/spring semesters beginning in the fall semester after high school graduation.
- Exceptions to this rule may be granted for absences due to personal crises, health concerns, military service, church service or other obligations but are subject to prior approval.
- Actively participate in all President's Scholars activities and the Honors Colloquia.
Application Deadline: MARCH 6, 2020 for fall 2020 admission.
This is a competitive scholarship application process. Priority will be given to EARLY applicants. Only 12 new scholarships will be awarded per academic year. Submit ALL of the following items by the deadline:
- A completed President's Scholars Program Application form, available online or in print through the NPC Recruiting Office.
- Your most recent high school transcript showing a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher. A final transcript after graduation may also be requested.
- Two letters of support from high school teachers, counselors, principal or other academic reference supporting your application who can verify your commitment, determination and willingness to seriously pursue your higher education goals.
- A two-page essay (typed and double-spaced) where you discuss:
- your academic goals;
- your career goals;
- how you feel the NPC President's Scholars program will help you fulfill these goals; and
- how you believe you'll contribute to the program as a President's Scholar student.
You may submit all of your application materials online - OR - mail all your application materials to: Northland Pioneer College, Recruitment Specialist, SCC, P.O. Box 610, Holbrook, AZ 86025-0610.
Students selected to participate in NPC's President's Scholars program will receive official notification from the President's Scholars Coordinator by the end of April. The coordinator will also notify the NPC Financial Aid Office of your scholarship award.
Questions Please contact:
NPC President's Scholars Program Coordinator
Show Low Campus
Goldwater Center, Room 127
(928) 532-6128 | email
NPC Recruitment Specialist
(928) 536-6271 | email
NPC President's Scholars Program Coordinator's Sidekick
(928) 524-7632 | email
Download current President's Scholars Brochure.