Initial salary range of $14.40 to $17.28 per hour depending on education and experience.
Non-Exempt, Level II
Reports to the Associate Dean of Education & College and Career Preparation.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required verification document upon hire.
Valid driver's license.
Associate’s degree and/or three years’ general office experience preferred.
32 credit hours of college and two years of applicable general office experience required.
- Assists in monitoring and tracking of department budget.
- Maintains budget records and prepares reconciliations.
- Orders instructional materials such as desk copies, textbooks, assessment supplies, etc.
- Communicates with faculty on department matters
- Maintains current course outline file.
- Creates and maintains confidential records including personnel records.
- Maintains faculty certification logs and creates certificates for professional development.
- Prepares, processes regular and bulk mailings.
- Prepares for meetings, transcribes minutes if required.
- Maintains travel requests and subsequent documentation.
- Creates and maintains manual and automated files.
- Orders supplies and equipment as necessary and arranges for delivery and/or makes delivery.
- Types and distributes course descriptions, syllabus, and tests for instructors.
- Maintains leave of absence reports.
- Maintains petty cash fund.
- Prepares correspondence and other written documents.
- Prepares requisitions.
- May make appointments and keeps calendar and schedules meetings as requested.
- Receives phone calls, answers questions, and takes messages.
- Provides for punctual and efficient routing of messages.
- Assist on course scheduling and room assignments.
- Prepare correspondence and other documents for local, state, and national accreditation agencies.
- Arrange for in and out-of-district transportation and lodging.
- Compile and input data required for reports for grant funding.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of grants for Adult Education.
- Compile from raw data the results of instructional faculty evaluations.
- Assist Associate Dean with program review and outcomes assessment.
- Submit and follow up repair requests.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Proficiency in computer operations; word-processing and spreadsheet and data base applications; calculator, office machines and copier systems; typing/data entry; sound oral and written communication skills; office management and work-flow administration. Ability to work in a diverse, multi-cultural environment. Ability to read and comprehend the English language sufficiently in order to understand written and verbal information.