Initial salary range of $17.75 to $20.99 per hour depending on education and experience
(29 hours week, 10 months)
Non-Exempt, Technical, Level III
Reports to the Coordinator of High School Programs and Recruiting.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required verification document upon hire.
Valid driver's license.
- Associate degree
- Student services-related experience.
Promote college programs, educational opportunities and services to potential students and the general public. Demonstrate a supportive association with students, the public, and college employees.
1. Presents a positive image of the college to potential students and the public.
2. Incorporates current marketing message and objectives into admissions presentations.
3. Has up to date knowledge of all the programs and services offered at NPC. Knows where to direct students when they need very specific information about a program or service NPC offers.
4. Be very familiar with and able to direct potential students and community members on NPC’s website: www.npc.edu
5. Informs students about the educational opportunities available to them through NPC and assists them with the enrollment process.
6. Promotes academic scholarships and grants based on ever changing criteria and funding.
7. Oversees application for admissions program scholarships.
8. Continually develops and maintains positive relationships with high school personnel, guidance counselors, workforce, and community organizations.
9. Helps plan one high school guidance counselor thank you event or campaign per year.
10. Coordinates on-site campus/center visits and tours to NPC.
11. Ensures that NPC brochures and information is kept up to date and in adequate stock for recruitment efforts made by admissions and NPC faculty and staff.
12. Manages distribution and organization of NPC items and makes suggestions on items to purchase. Informs manager when more items need to be ordered.
13. Keeps current an electronic calendar that contains scheduled site visits and events.
14. Produces and submits a visitation plan and goals for each NPC semester to the Coordinator of High School Programs and Recruitment.
15. Utilizes and collaborates with available college staff and student workers to assist with recruitment efforts. Works with Director of Marketing to maintain social media posts.
16. Develops, organizes and maintains electronic records on every site visit made, tracks yield rates for each event, and makes this information readily available.
17. Assists Coordinator of High School Programs and Recruitment with development and implementation of recruitment goals and strategies.
18. Works with student ambassadors.
19. Helps monitor registration workflow and admissions of High School Programs.
20. Assists with orientation activities and provides assistance to advisement areas as needed.
21. Make frequent public presentations to large groups at area high schools, community events, workshops, etc.
22. Performs other duties as assigned.
Strong public speaking skills. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; strong organizational abilities; strong working knowledge of word processing applications, internet, and computer skills. Ability to read and comprehend the English language sufficiently to understand written and verbal information and directions. Ability to work in a diverse, multicultural environment and comprehend the deep-rooted ethnic and cultural diversities of those groups. Ability to recognize and work with cultural beliefs to help students feel empowered to pursue educational success outside of their native areas. Communicate professionally with educators and understand their organizations. Constantly present the college and oneself in a professional manner to potential students and community organizations. Ability to stay current with educational trends and regulations and adapt to those changes.