Initial salary range of $48,549 to $58,258 depending on education and experience.
Reports to the Network and Systems Administrator
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required verification document upon hire.
Valid driver's license.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in IT.
- The above certification plus any CompTIA, Microsoft, or Cisco certifications.
- 5 years of systems experience in a Microsoft/Linux server environments.
- A working knowledge of Windows Server, various OS administration, Cisco, LINUX Administration, SQL, Virtualization development and administration, experience with VMware software and Informix environments
- Experience in higher education.
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience in IT.
- CompTIA A+, N+ certifications
- 5 years systems experience in a Microsoft/Linux server environments.
The Systems Engineer provides day to day administration of the college’s systems infrastructure and implementation of additions to the infrastructure. The position will manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure. Install, configure, test, and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools. Ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Other duties as assigned.
Proficiency in computer operations at an administrative level. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong grasp of effective collaboration and teamwork. Understanding of general computer programming concepts in order to work with colleagues to be able to maintain and debug existing software. Ability to work in a diverse, multi-cultural environment. Ability to read and comprehend the English language sufficiently in order to understand written and verbal information.