Initial salary range of $36,893 to $44,271 depending on education and experience.
Reports to the Director of Marketing and Public Relations.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required verification document upon hire.
Valid driver's license.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design (or related field) plus two years related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in graphic design/layout software, techniques and applications.
- Knowledge of website page design as well as social media platforms.
- The ability to work independently, prioritize workload, meet deadlines and work with confidential information.
- Associate degree
Assist in promoting and achieving NPC’s marketing goals as presented by the Director of Marketing and Public Relations. Ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the Marketing and Public Relations Office (MPR) and providing a service-oriented relationship with all college departments, faculty and staff.
- Remains abreast of technological advances in the graphics and marketing field including print, social media, video and web and be able to apply those skills to MPR work and goals.
- Meets with clients/NPC staff to determine scope of a project. Involves Director of Marketing as needed to resolve conflicts or clarify college marketing goals.
- Uses knowledge of current graphic design software to independently advise, coordinate and produce graphic art and visual materials for college publications including but not limited to: Career Focus magazine, college catalog, posters/fliers, postcards, newspaper advertisements, brochures, invitations, business cards, college forms, event programs, social media, video graphics and other promotional/graphic assignments.
- Consistently meets tight deadlines. Prioritizes workload to best meet the needs of the college and MPR. Alerts the Director of Marketing immediately when conflicts arise to clarify priorities.
- Keeps an accurate, up to date log of all job requests/projects submitted to MPR and track jobs to assure on-time completion and delivery.
- Operates MPR’s color printer/copier and large format printer to ensure efficient, accurate, quality printing and bindery. Eliminates paper and toner waste when possible.
- Ensures MPR paper stock is available and organizes orders as needed.
- Ensures all work files and completed jobs are copied to MPR’s production server on a daily basis. Maintains MPR server organization to assure easy future location of work.
- Advises, assists and participates in the production of all MPR printing projects going through the Printing & Duplicating office to verify quality and accuracy.
- Organizes and distributes NPC print promotional materials.
- Helps create pages and post information to www.npc.edu as needed.
- Assists with producing and publishing content to NPC social media properties as needed.
- Assists with MPR events as needed.
- Maintains an accurate archive of all NPC print publications.
- Assists MPR with taking and processing photographs and video as needed. Organizes and saves photos and video to NPC photo library.
- Ensures all publications (print and online) are checked for accuracy, spelling and grammatical errors prior to publication.
- Supervises and trains federal work-study and student interns assigned to this position.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Ability to work independently. Proficiency in the operation of the latest versions of desktop publishing/graphic design software such as; Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, PhotoShop and AcrobatPro as well as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficient knowledge of photo and video camera operation. A basic working knowledge of web design and content management systems as well as social media platforms. Proficient knowledge of the operation of large color copiers and bindery. Must remain current with technology changes of programs and equipment listed above. Sound oral and written communication skills to effectively present or receive information related to internal and external requested projects. The ability to work in a diverse, multi-cultural environment.