Initial salary range of $14.71 to $17.95 per hour depending on education and experience.
Non-exempt, Level III
Vice President for Learning and Student Services.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required verification document upon hire.
Valid driver's license.
- Associate degree and minimum of five years specialized office experience in facilitating meeting minutes, editing documents, and verbal/written correspondence.
- Additionally, five years of educational related work experience (or a combination of 10 years of office and educational related work experience/s).
Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the instructional portion of the Vice President for Learning and Student Services’ office. Demonstrate a supportive relationship with students, staff and the general public; work effectively with staff; maintain a high level of confidentiality and accuracy.
- Prepares for meetings; takes minutes of meetings as required.
- Provides secretarial services for Vice President, including: keeps calendar; schedules meetings; makes appointments; receives phone calls; etc.
- Provides administrative support for Instructional Council (IC), including: maintains current and archived curriculum files, cross-referencing yearly with Jenzabar course bank and sending course bank to appropriate Department Chair and Dean; updates Instructions for Course Forms in ACRES, as needed; maintains IC MyNPC pages; reviews all incoming curriculum (running interference and making changes in ACRES, as directed); checks incoming programs for accuracy and formatting, as needed.
- Gathers data, constructs reports and creates comparative data analysis
- Maintains instructional division personnel files as needed and tracks probationary faculty.
- Assists with preparation of the instructional/curricular sections of catalog and updates as needed.
- Assists Vice President with updating faculty handbook and relevant MyNPC pages.
- Prepares correspondence and other written documents.
- Orders supplies as necessary and arranges for delivery and/or makes delivery.
- Processes mail (USPS and intercampus) and maintains mail log.
- Assists Vice President with updating Placement Handbook, cross-referencing with curriculum approved by IC for the year.
- Works with Deans and Vice President to schedule NAVIT Precession and Intercession and prepares billings.
- Works with Deans and Vice President to prepare for New Faculty Orientation.
- Prepares written record of non-student related grievances involving Faculty.
- Processes and tracks forms related to: faculty professional development; student petitions; travel; field trips; pay; etc.
- Performs related duties as assigned
Proficiency in: computer operations; word-processing and spreadsheet and database applications; calculator, office machines and copier systems; typing/data entry; sound oral and written communication skills; office management and work-flow administration; and ability to provide attention to detail. Ability to work in a diverse, multi-cultural environment. Ability to read, comprehend and use the English language sufficiently in order to understand and deliver written and verbal information. Ability to handle/maintain confidentiality as it pertains to work related matters. Proficiency with recording, documenting, and archiving meeting minutes and other professional work related verbal correspondence. Ability to work with and lead others to coordinate large events.