Initial salary range of $46,237 to $55,484 depending on education and experience.
Network and System Administrator
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required verification document upon hire.
Valid driver's license.
- Three or more years of related experience in security administration.
- A working knowledge of Windows Server 2008, various OS administration, Cisco, LINUX Administration, SQL, Virtualization development and administration, experience with VMware software and Informix environments
- A working knowledge of Jenzabar CX, or similar ERP highly desired.
- Knowledge of contemporary concepts and practices in the information systems operation of an institution of higher education.
- Experience with data reporting tools.
- Understanding of Mobile Device Management software
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field
- Security+ and/or CISSP certification
- Three or more years of experience in computer science, management information systems, systems analysis or data security
- Experience working with information security practices, networks, software, and hardware
- Experience working with security architecture
- Experience maintaining Windows Active Directory and Group Policy Administration
- Ensure implementation of security services
- Conduct policy audits and develop necessary policies.
- Prepare, develop and maintain Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), web filtering, firewall evaluations and policies.
- Perform SQL Server administration and Windows Server administration
- Identify resources, hardware, and software requirements to support administration of Intrusion Awareness tools
- Operate in a Virtual Machine (VM) environment
- Obtain and deploy latest maintenance releases from vendor for all IPS/IDS, web filtering, firewalls and PKI management.
- Monitor protection console to ensure all clients are reporting in and have current definitions.
- Coordinate with Systems and Network Administrator to monitor and ensure all Windows clients and supported technology are receiving timely updates.
- Perform patch management and deploy non-Windows updates to clients (i.e. Adobe, Java updates).
- Investigate and respond to malware, reports (SIEM) and security alerts (IPS).
- Review FIM console to ensure all clients have a functional agent. Investigate clients with baseline variances.
- Provide PCI assessment and other security compliance audits.
- Assist in closing network security gaps when identified.
- Support organization and IT security initiatives as defined by the IT Strategic Plan.
- Continue to develop security related knowledge by participating in users groups and by identifying, providing and attending relevant training sessions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Proficiency in computer operations at an administrative level. Demonstrated understanding and ability to supervise employees, train users, and work with database systems. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong grasp of effective collaboration and teamwork. Understanding of general computer programming concepts in order to work with colleagues to be able to maintain and debug existing software. Ability to work in a diverse, multi-cultural environment. Ability to read and comprehend the English language sufficiently in order to understand written and verbal information.