Initial salary range of $46,237 to $55,484 depending on education and experience.
Coordinator of Administrative Systems and Projects
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required verification document upon hire.
Valid driver's license.
- Master’s degree in a related area from a regionally accredited institution.
- SQL Server DBA Certification.
- Experience working within a higher education learning environment.
- Experience with Jenzabar CX, IBM Informix, and Evisions Argos.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Four years of directly related experience (database administration).
- Strong understanding of SQL.
- Experience in administering enterprise reporting tools similar to Cognos, Argos, or Crystal Reports.
- Due to the nature of data available to this position, the candidate must submit to and pass a background check and not have any convictions or arrests for information crimes or crimes involving violations of trust.
- Install, configure and maintain database server, ERP system, and application tools.
- Allocate system storage and plan for future storage requirements of the database system.
- Create primary database storage structures and objects to satisfy application design.
- Modify database structures, as necessary, from information given by systems analysts.
- Work with departments to develop and maintain processes to ensure high data integrity and compliance with established rule sets.
- Work independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments as well as perform routine maintenance.
- Control and monitor user access to databases.
- Monitor and optimize database performance.
- Plan for backup and recovery of database information.
- Perform database backups and restorations.
- Perform implementation and maintenance of database security and security procedures.
- Work closely with Institutional Effectiveness, Analysts and other departments to support reporting requirements provided by the ERP system and enterprise reporting tools.
- Document configuration changes and key process information.
- Create and maintain database documentation and diagrams.
- Research and test database upgrades and patches.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Good interpersonal and presentation skills; strong organizational skills; excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail; ability to think broadly and consider impacts across systems and within the organization; excellent quantitative analytical skills, experience in the use of relational databases and student information systems, and ability to analyze data and communicate findings accurately and concisely in written, oral, and graphic formats to a variety of audiences; ability to design and execute database queries from relational databases such as Informix, Microsoft SQL, Oracle, or MySQL; knowledge of basic system administration and programming tasks on Windows and/or Linux environments while maintaining appropriate levels of data integrity and security.