Initial salary range of $106,188 to $125,302, depending on education and experience.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required verification document upon hire.
Valid driver's license.
- Doctorate degree in an academic discipline, administration, student personnel, or a related field and five (5) years of experience teaching at the post-secondary level or higher.
- Five (5) years of administrative experience at the community college level.
- Master’s degree in an academic discipline, administration, student personnel, or a related field and five (5) years of experience teaching at the post-secondary level or higher.
- Three (3) years administrative experience in a post-secondary institution.
Provides leadership, direction and operational management to the promotion of student learning throughout the College. Plans, implements and evaluates a comprehensive student services for the College.
- Establishes, plans, implements, manages and evaluates instructional programs and student services. Works with internal and external stakeholders to identify updates in student services, learning curriculum, programs and standards and insures optimal planning and effective strategic decisions.
- Coordinates curriculum and program development and oversight by leading committees and work groups responsible for College curriculum.
- Develops, coordinates and monitors budget schedules, planning and implementation reports, statistics and other written and electronic documents.
- Supervises and evaluates departments/divisions; oversees the supervision and evaluation of faculty, directors, and deans.
- Writes proposals for grants, monitors activities and budgets of awarded grants and participates in college-wide fund raising and promotional activities.
- Develops strategic plans and tactical goals for the learning and student services division, determines scope and priorities of projects; coordinates resources required to achieve goals. Plans and develops division’s policies and procedures.
- Monitors and accesses operating results, recommends necessary and prudent modifications, and facilitates processes that result in the elimination of duplicate programs and resources.
- Collaborates with other administrators and college staff in the implementation of college programs and services.
- Collaborates with other administrators and college staff in the implementation of learning and student services practices and standards.
- Proposes and manages learning and student services division budget.
- Facilitates development of division-relevant policies and procedures for adoption.
- Implements and oversees learning and student services programs targeted at district high schools.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of practices in the administration of community college instructional programs, student services and related support activities.
- Knowledge of curriculum, programs and staff development.
- Knowledge of instructional and retention strategies for at-risk and special needs students.
- Knowledge of technology used in learning and student services.
- Knowledge of assessment practices of student learning and co-curricular activities.
- Knowledge of grant administration techniques, budget preparation and expenditure control.
- Knowledge of strategic planning techniques.
- Knowledge of personnel management and supervisory principles and practices.
- Knowledge of research and analysis strategies.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of public administration.
- Skill in assessing community educational and service needs.
- Skill in supervising faculty and administrators.
- Skill in project management, including planning and developing instructional and student services.
- Skill in conducting feasibility and cost benefit analysis studies.
- Skill in researching and writing grants and other operational reports.
- Skill in identifying problems, evaluating alternatives and implementing effective solutions.
- Skill in creating and presenting written and oral communication pieces.
- Skill in developing and evaluating policies and procedures.
- Skill in establishing effective community partnerships and good working relationships both internally and externally.
- Skill in selecting, organizing and evaluating staff performance.