TESTING SCHEDULING ends June 15, 2021
- SIGN UP EARLY! HESI result must accompany the Surgical Tech. program application. The applications are due July 2, 2021 at 4:00 PM.
- Testing will be conducted virtually. Computer, webcam, and microphone with reliable internet is required. NO on-campus testing will be held.
- A HESI Admission Assessment Study Guide is available at https://www.npc.edu/textbooks under the course NUR100 or at https://evolve.elsevier.com or at Amazon.
TO SIGN UP:
Before you begin PLEASE take the time to read the instructions thoroughly. Schedule the test 72 hours in advance of when you want to take it. Valid government-issued ID required. Results are valid for 18 months. The cost is $60.00, paid by debit or credit card directly to ProctorU. The Exam title is NPC SGT HESI Admission A2-1 is for the first time test taker A2-2 for the second time test taker.
Prerequisites Required Before Admission
Before a student is considered eligible to enter the Surgical Technology Program, completion of the following prerequisites is required. Successful completion with a “C” grade or better for each class is required and a cumulative Grade-Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.0 is strongly recommended.
- BIO 181 General Biology I • 4 credits
- BIO 201 Human Anatomy and Physiology I • 4 credits
- BIO 205 Microbiology • 4 credits
- CHM 130 Fundamental Chemistry • 4 credits
- ENL 101 College Composition I • 3 credits
- HES 170 Medical Terminology • 3 credits
Admission to the Surgical Technology Program
- Students must be admitted to the Surgical Technology Program in order to enroll in surgical technology courses.
- This program has required prerequisite courses that MUST all be completed prior to July 1 before starting the program.
- Students must successfully complete the Health Education Systems, Inc. (HESI) Admission Assessment. See details below.
- Admission information is available through any NPC academic adviser.
- A completed Surgical Technology application (PDF) should be submitted on or before the designated deadline that is noted in the application packet. Late applicants may be accepted on a space-available basis if they meet the admission criteria, but not before applicants who submit their application on time.
SGT admission criteria will include: Admission Assessment test (HESI) composite and cumulative scores, prerequisite GPA, applicant statement and completion of program prerequisites by July 1. These factors will be weighted by the admission committee.
Students should note that:
- General Education and core requirements must be completed as listed on the curriculum outline in the program admission information packet.
- College credits over eight years old may be accepted with appropriate documentation and approval.
- Transfer students applying for second, third or fourth semester admission are considered on an individual basis. Criteria include course comparables, GPA, specified examination results and recommendation from previous program director. Transfer students should call the NPC Nursing & Allied Health department at (928) 532-6134.
- For more information, also see the Surgical Technology Student Handbook.
Questions Please contact Tamora VanDriel in NPC's Nursing Department at 928-532-6134 | email
If you require testing accommodations, you must contact the Office of Accessibility and Inclusion Coordinator, at (928) 536-6246 | FAX: (928) 532-6199 | email at least two weeks prior to the test. Good Luck!