- Must be a degree-seeking student at NPC.
- Must maintain a cumulative 2.0 GPA.
- Develop and complete a degree plan.
- Must complete required scholarship service hours (10 hours per semester for $2000 per semester and 5 hours per semester for scholarships under $2000 per semester). Scholarship service hours involve supporting the program by:
- Setting up for Talon Gallery events on the Show Low – White Mountain Campus.
- Assisting in hanging exhibitions at the Talon Gallery.
- Assisting in ceramics or drawing/painting classrooms (campus determined by instructor).
- You are not eligible if you are currently in high school or have already obtained a Bachelor's degree.
- Submit an degree plan by meeting with an NPC academic adviser.
- Submit the NPC Visual Arts Scholarship Application.
- Submit three examples of your artistic work as digital images on a CD or jump drive. The images should be in jpeg form and sized at 300dpi at 4" x 6" (no larger than 1500 pixels in the longest direction). Label each image with your first initial, last name and image number (example: jsmith1.jpg). Label the CD or jump drive with your name.
- Submit a Letter of Interest outlining, in 1,000 words or less, your educational, personal or career goals and how the scholarship will help you achieve them.
- Unofficial college transcripts (High School Diploma or transcript if in your first semester at NPC).
The maximum award for part-time students (less than 12 credit hours per semester) will be determined based on the number of credits hours in which the student is enrolled. Part-time students who are awarded a scholarship must enroll in at least one 3-credit studio art class.
This scholarship award has the possibility of renewal if the criteria have been met during the semester that the award has been granted. This includes maintaining passing grades for the art classes in which the student is enrolled, maintaining at least a cumulative 2.00 GPA, enrolling in the appropriate amount of art classes for the semester of award renewal and completing the appropriate amount of service hours to the art department.
All Application Materials must be mailed to:
Dr. Michael Solomonson, Chair
Department of Fine and Performing Arts
Silver Creek Campus
1611 S Main Street
Snowflake, AZ 85937
Questions Please contact Dr. Michael Solomonson at (928) 536-6217. | email