Initial salary range of $12.91 to $15.79 per hour depending on education and experience.
Non-exempt, Level I
Student Accounts Manager
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required verification document upon hire.
Valid driver's license.
- Associate degree
- One year of experience in higher education environment.
- Experience processing forms W-9 and 1099.
- Experience with public agency procurement processes and statutes.
- Post-secondary course certifications or coursework completed.
- One year of general office or accounting experience
- Knowledge of accounts payable procedures.
- Strong knowledge of desktop software application specifically MS Excel and MS Word.
- Strong organization, customer service, and telephone etiquette skills.
- Ability to perform mathematical computation to analyze and reconcile accounts.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including strong grammar/spelling knowledge.
- Receive and verify vendor invoices and requisitions for employee expense reimbursements; verify mathematical accuracy, account coding, budget capacity, compliance with financial policies and procedures, and proper authorization.
- Serve as the backup for accounts payable function, including issuing weekly checks and related mailings.
- Provide support to purchasing for processing requisitions and sourcing orders.
- Assist in preparing and issuing of annual 1099 MISC forms to federal and state governments and payee.
- Assist in reconciling accounts payable and establishing and maintaining vendor files.
- Process daily revenue receipts received by the Business Office via mail, ACH, and electronic transfers; requires preparing journal entries, posting to correct accounts, and reconciling accounts.
- Responsible for making daily bank deposit for the Business Office.
- Assist in processing student and third party payments.
- Process cash receipt transactions for the college.
- Answer phone calls; if unable to resolve issue routes to appropriate person or department.
- Perform filing, copying and distribution of financial information.
- Assist with annual audit functions; prepare statements and schedules and reconciliation of accounts.
- Assist in development and maintenance of accounting guidelines for Business Office.
- Maintain a positive collaborative relationship with all internal and external clients.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Perform accounting procedures and general office duties, analyze financial data, reconcile accounts, maintain accurate records and pay attention to details. Ability to operate standard office equipment and use applicable software applications. Ability to manage multiple tasks, work under time constraints, manage priorities and meet deadlines and goals. Ability to work in a diverse and multi-cultural environment. Ability to read and comprehend the English language sufficiently in order to understand written and verbal information.