Register for NPC classes, Get vaccinated all in one “shot”!
Northland Pioneer College will kick off fall ‘21 registration with a free COVID-19 vaccine clinic and social event Monday, July 12, from 3 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the Aspen Center building on the Show Low campus.
Indian Health Services (IHS) is partnering with NPC to administer the Pfizer 1st and 2nd doses (for those 12-years and older), or the single-dose Johnson & Johnson (for those 18-years and older) free of charge during the event. For those who received their first dose of Pfizer at NPC's June 21 event, this will be the second dose. The public is invited to receive the Pfizer and the Johnson and Johnson vaccines during this event as well – those receiving the first dose will be scheduled to receive a follow-up shot through IHS. Direct questions about the vaccine to: (928) 338-3683.
Pfizer 1st and 2nd doses (12 years and older), Or single dose Johnson & Johnson (18 years and older) available.
- Guardians must accompany all minors
- Bring a picture ID
- Bring health insurance information, insurance is not required for vaccination
- Expect to wait 30 minutes after vaccination for observation
- Anyone that has a history of allergic reaction to vaccines
- Anyone that cannot return in 21 days for the second dose of the Pfizer vaccine
- Anyone who is not age-eligible
- Anyone testing positive for COVID-19 in the last 21 days or are still on quarantine
- Anyone that has received the Moderna vaccine
- Anyone who has received monoclonal antibodies or convalescent plasma as part of COVID-19 treatment
This is a free event and open to the public. There will be giveaways, fun activities, and a live radio remote. Interactive booths and demonstrations will spotlight NPC programs and highlight student activities. NPC representatives will be on hand to provide and assist with fall registration and answer questions about NPC programs, scholarships, financial aid, and more.
The first 100 individuals to “take their best shot” at the clinic will take home an NPC swag bag and all vaccine recipients will be entered for a chance to win a free 12-credit tuition waiver at NPC, good for the 21-22 academic year - a value of $984!
- Only one 12-credit tuition waiver will be given away
- Must receive a COVID vaccine at either the June 21 or July 12 event to be entered into the drawing to win the tuition waiver
- Only one entry per vaccine recipient
- Tuition waiver cannot be redeemed for cash value, waiver covers NPC tuition only
- Contest entrants must provide their first and last name and contact phone number
- Random drawing to be held after the July 12 event, winner will be notified by July 14
- Tuition wavier good for the 2021-22 academic year (fall '21, spring '22, summer '22) during any semester
- Do not have to use all 12 credits in one semester, but must use the entire waiver by July 31, 2022
- Tuition waiver is transferable to another person
- If for some reason the winner cannot be contacted by July 14, a new winner will be selected from the remaining entries