- The recipient is preferred to be a “returning student,” over the age of 18, interested in entering the Fire Science/EMS field.
- The recipient must reside in Navajo or Apache county.
- The scholarship will be awarded for the following classes only: Firefighter I & II, Hazardous Materials for First Responders, or Emergency Medical Technician – Basic. All classes have to be completed through Northland Pioneer College. The scholarship will be used to cover the cost of the course tuition, fees and books only for the listed courses.
- If the recipient fails to successfully complete the course awarded by the scholarship, the recipient shall be responsible for paying back all monies awarded to the VAL153 Memorial Scholarship for Firefighter I & II and EMS Basic via the NPC Friends and Family account.
- Complete the current Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa. (school code 011862)
- Submit an degree plan by meeting with an NPC academic adviser.
- Submit an NPC Friends & Family Scholarship Cover Letter (PDF).
- Submit with a personal essay.
- CLICK HERE for tips on writing your scholarship essay.
Submit NPC Friends & Family Scholarship Cover Letter, essay, unofficial transcript, and proof of financial aid status.
Send AS ONE COMPLETE DOCUMENT to: Betsyann Wilson, Executive Director, NPC Friends & Family via email
NPC Friends & Family
1611 S. Main St.
Snowflake, AZ 85937
(928) 536-6245 | or via email