This is a General Scholarship. Applicant must:
- Be a degree-seeking student at NPC at the time of the award, with degree plan on file before applying.
- This is a need-based scholarship. Must demonstrate financial need through the FAFSA.
(Must be in good academic standing: not in default of a student loan or in overpayment status.)
- Enrolled for 6 or more credits at NPC during semester of the award.
- Cumulative G.P.A. of 2.5 or better on a 4.0 scale.
- You are not eligible if you are currently in high school or have already obtained a Bachelor's degree.
Submit these completed documents:
- Completed, signed and dated Scholarship Cover Letter (PDF)
- Personal essay of 500 words or less, describing your educational and career plans, financial status, and detailing how the scholarship will help you to achieve your goals. Please include in the essay if you knew Pres Winslow, and, if so, how he influenced your educational and/or career goals.
- CLICK HERE for tips on writing your scholarship essay.
- Demonstration of financial status as evidenced by Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Student Aid Report (SAR).
- Current NPC unofficial transcript.
- Copy of current NPC degree audit (Contact your NPC academic adviser).
This scholarship was created to memorialize the contributions to higher education by Prescott Winslow, a member of the Navajo County Community College District Governing Board, who worked with students at Winslow High School to encourage scholarship applicants to reach educational goals. | Download (PDF) flier with complete details.
Submit NPC Friends & Family Scholarship Cover Letter, essay, unofficial transcript, and proof of financial aid status on or before Thursday, April 16 at 12:00 p.m. MST.
Send AS ONE COMPLETE DOCUMENT to: Betsyann Wilson, Executive Director, NPC Friends & Family via email
You are STRONGLY advised to submit your application well in advance of the deadline date!
If you submit your application prior to Monday, March 30 and it is incomplete or requires revisions, NPC Friends and Family Executive Director Betsyann Wilson will make every effort to assist you in making corrections. Applications received after Monday, March 30 will be accepted "as is."
NPC Friends & Family
1611 S. Main St.
Snowflake, AZ 85937
(928) 536-6245 | or via email