Who is eligible to apply?
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Degree-seeking at NPC.
- Demonstrate financial need. Need is prioritized for this scholarship.
- Enrolled for 6 or more credits at NPC during the semester of award.
- Cumulative Grade-Point Average of 2.5 or better on a 4.0 scale.
- High school diploma or GED®.
- Not in overpayment status at NPC. Over the credit limit - Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students who have previously obtained a Bachelor's degree should contact Betsyann Wilson email@example.com. Students currently in high school at the time of award are not eligible to apply.
How do you apply?
- Essay – 500 words or fewer – Describing:
- What are your career goals;
- What are your educational goals;
- What resources you have to fund your education making you qualified to receive this scholarship; and
- Why the scholarship is needed, and how it will be used.
- Click here for tips on writing your scholarship essay
- View Video Tutorial on the Friends & Family Scholarship Process
Please include in the essay if you knew Pres Winslow personally, and, if so, how he may have influenced your educational and/or career goals.
- Demonstration of financial status as evidenced by Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Student Aid Report (SAR) PAGE 1 ONLY or letter of award or denial from NPC Financial Aid Office or MyNPC page.
- Your unofficial transcript from https://mynpc.npc.edu/ics indicating your degree intent. If applicant does not yet have a transcript at NPC, submit an NPC Degree plan (Contact an NPC Academic Adviser)
IMPORTANT: Please attach all required documents to the application form.
NOTE: By completing this scholarship application, students will be considered for each of the NPC Friends & Family scholarships for which they meet the eligibility criteria. Students will need to set up an account in the next step in order to work on, save, and submit an application.
* Scholarship recipients may re-apply for this award in subsequent academic years (not to exceed two consecutive semesters)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Thursday, April 20 at 12:00 NOON MST., for funding for the FALL 2023 semester.
Applications received after this date/time will not be accepted, regardless of why they are late. You are STRONGLY advised to submit your application well in advance of the deadline date! If you submit your application prior to Monday, April 3, and it is incomplete or requires revisions, Betsyann Wilson will make every effort to assist you in making corrections. Applications received after Monday, April 3 will be accepted “as is.” If your application contains errors, it will be rejected, and not subject to review.
Questions Betsyann Wilson
Executive Director, NPC Friends & Family
1611 S. Main St., Snowflake, AZ 85937
(928) 536-6245 | or via email