Who is eligible to apply?
This is a scholarship for students who are receiving the PELL grant but can demonstrate financial need.
Degree-seeking students at NPC. Degree plan on file indicates the applicant’s goal is an associate degree or certificate in a CTE area. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate financial need. Need is prioritized for this scholarship.
- Enrolled for 6 or more credits at NPC during the semester of award.
- Cumulative Grade-Point Average of 2.0 or better.
- High school diploma or GED®.
- Not in overpayment status at NPC.
- Students who have previously obtained a Bachelor's degree should contact Betsyann Wilson. Students currently in high school at the time of award are not eligible to apply.
- If you have not done so, file your FAFSA ASAP! You must provide a financial aid award letter to receive this scholarship.
How do you apply?
Submit application documents in the order below:
- Essay – 500 words or fewer – Addressing the following:
- What are your career goals;
- What are your educational goals;
- What resources you have to fund your education making you qualified to receive this scholarship; and
- Why the scholarship is needed, and specifically how it will be used.
- Click here for tips on writing your scholarship essay
- View Video Tutorial on the Friends & Family Scholarship Process
- Demonstration of financial status as evidenced by Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Student Aid Report (SAR) PAGE 1 ONLY or letter of award from NPC Financial Aid Office or MyNPC page.
- Your unofficial transcript from https://mynpc.npc.edu/ics indicating your degree intent. If applicant does not yet have a transcript at NPC, submit an NPC Degree plan (Contact an NPC Academic Adviser)
IMPORTANT: Please attach all required documents to the application form.
NOTE: By completing this scholarship application, students will be considered for each of the NPC Friends & Family scholarships for which they meet the eligibility criteria. Students will need to set up an account in the next step in order to work on, save, and submit an application.
* Scholarship recipients may re-apply for this award in subsequent academic years (not to exceed two consecutive semesters)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Thursday, April 20 at 12:00 NOON MST., for funding for the FALL 2023 semester.
Applications received after this date/time will not be accepted, regardless of why they are late. You are STRONGLY advised to submit your application well in advance of the deadline date! If you submit your application prior to Monday, April 3, and it is incomplete or requires revisions, Betsyann Wilson will make every effort to assist you in making corrections. Applications received after Monday, April 3 will be accepted “as is.” If your application contains errors, it will be rejected, and not subject to review.
Questions Betsyann Wilson
Executive Director, NPC Friends & Family
1611 S. Main St., Snowflake, AZ 85937
(928) 536-6245 | or via email