This general scholarship is awarded once each fall and spring semester. Students awarded previously may re-apply.
- Applicant must be a degree-seeking student in Early Childhood Development at Northland Pioneer College at the time of award.
- Students who will still be enrolled in high school at the time of award -or- who have previously obtained a Bachelor's degree are NOT eligible to apply.
- Applicant MUST:
- be enrolled in at least 3 credit hours during the semester of the award.
- have a minimum G.P.A. of 2.0 at the time of application.
- demonstrate financial need through completed FAFSA.
- be in good academic standing, not in default on student loan(s) or in over payment status.
Compile ALL application documents as a single PDF file in the order listed below.
- Completed, signed and dated NPC Friends & Family Scholarship Cover Letter Form
- Essay – 500 words or fewer – Describing:
- What are your career goals;
- What are your educational goals;
- What resources you have to fund your education making you qualified to receive this scholarship; and
- Why the scholarship is needed, and how it will be used.
- Please include in the essay if you know Claude Endfield personally, and, if so, how she may have influenced your educational and/or career goals.
- READ tips on writing your scholarship essay.
- Provide demonstration of financial status by:
- An NPC Degree audit done by any NPC Academic Adviser
- TWO letters of reference - one letter from NPC faculty or staff member, and one from a representative in the field of Early Childhood Development. Both letters MUST be sent directly from the person writing the reference, YOU CANNOT TURN THEM IN. Have reference email them to: email@example.com BEFORE the scholarship deadline.
Download printable flier here.
Compile all documents (except references) into ONE COMPLETE PDF FILE and email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org, the Executive Director of NPC Friends & Family.
- All documents must be electronically submitted on or before Thursday, April 16 at 12:00 p.m. MST.
- Applications received after this date/time will NOT be accepted, regardless of why they are late.
- You are STRONGLY advised to submit your application well in advance of the deadline date!
Questions contact Betsyann Wilson via email or (928) 536-6245.