- Degree-seeking in Early Childhood Development at NPC.
- Demonstrate financial need. This is a NEED-based scholarship.
- Successfully completed prior credits at NPC at the time of award.
- Enrolled for 3 or more credits at NPC during the semester of award.
- Cumulative Grade-Point Average of 2.0 or better.
- Not in default of a student loan and not in overpayment status. Over the credit limit OK.
- Students who have previously obtained a Bachelor's degree should contact Betsyann Wilson. Students currently in high school at the time of award are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have the recommendation of at least two individuals, including NPC faculty or staff or ECD professionals, as evidenced by letters of support, sent directly from the authors to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit all application documents electronically to email@example.com. Attach all application documents as a single .pdf file in the order given below – Paper applications will not be accepted; your campus office or advisor can assist you in scanning the documents as required:
- Completed, signed and dated NPC Friends and Family Scholarship Cover Letter Form
- Essay – 500 words or fewer – Addressing the following:
- What are your career goals;
- What are your educational goals;
- What resources you have to fund your education making you qualified to receive this scholarship; and
- Why the scholarship is needed, and specifically how it will be used.
- If you personally know Claude Endfield, please describe how she has helped you and/or influenced your education and career goals.
- Click here for tips on writing your scholarship essay
- Demonstration of financial status as evidenced by Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Student Aid Report (SAR) PAGE 1 ONLY or letter of award or denial from NPC Financial Aid Office or MyNPC page.
- Copy of your unofficial transcript from https://mynpc.npc.edu/ics indicating your degree intent.
Scholarship recipients may re-apply for this award in subsequent academic years (not to exceed two consecutive years).
$1000 toward tuition, books and fees for the FALL 2021-SPRING 2022 academic year*
Three scholarships to three NPC students pursuing Early Childhood Development will be awarded.
*Awardees will receive $500 for Fall 2021. If they maintain the required criteria, they will receive an additional $500 in Spring 2022, with no need to reapply.
Established by the friends of Claude Endfield to honor her long career and her service and devotion to NPC Early Childhood Education students and young children across northern Arizona.
Application Deadline: Thursday, September 16, 12:00 p.m. MST., for funding for the 2021-22 academic year.
Applications received after this date/time will not be accepted, regardless of why they are late. You are STRONGLY advised to submit your application well in advance of the deadline date!
For more information, including assistance with your scholarship essay, please contact NPC Friends and Family Executive Director Betsyann Wilson: 928-536-6245 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions contact Betsyann Wilson via email or (928) 536-6245.