Charles E. Lisitizky was a longtime resident of Holbrook, Arizona, and an advocate of lifelong education.
This scholarship was established in his memory to assist Native American students in their pursuit of a college degree.
One scholarship to one NPC student/semester: $500 toward tuition, books and fees for the SPRING 2022 semester.
- NPC Native American Students – Navajo, Hopi or White Mountain Apache
- Degree-seeking at NPC.
- Demonstrate financial need. This is a NEED-based scholarship.
- Enrolled for 6 or more credits at NPC during the semester of award.
- Cumulative Grade-Point Average of 2.0 or better.
- High school diploma or GED®.
- Not in overpayment status at NPC. Over the credit limit - Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students who have previously obtained a Bachelor's degree should contact Betsyann Wilson. Students currently in high school at the time of award are not eligible to apply.
Submit all application documents electronically to email@example.com. Paper applications will not be accepted; your campus office or advisor can assist you in scanning the documents as required: Attach all application documents as a single .pdf file in the order given below:
- Completed, signed and dated NPC Friends and Family Scholarship Cover Letter Form
- Essay – 500 words or fewer – Describing:
- What are your career goals;
- What are your educational goals;
- What resources you have to fund your education making you qualified to receive this scholarship; and
- Why the scholarship is needed, and how it will be used.
- Click here for tips on writing your scholarship essay
- View Video Tutorial on the Friends & Family Scholarship Process
Please include in the essay if you knew the Lisitzky Family personally, and, if so, how they may have influenced your educational and/or career goals.
- Demonstration of financial status as evidenced by Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Student Aid Report (SAR) PAGE 1 ONLY or letter of award or denial from NPC Financial Aid Office or MyNPC page.
- Your unofficial transcript from https://mynpc.npc.edu/ics indicating your degree intent. If applicant does not yet have a transcript at NPC, submit an NPC Degree plan (Contact an NPC Academic Adviser)
Scholarship recipients may re-apply for this award in subsequent academic years (not to exceed two consecutive semesters).
firstname.lastname@example.org Wednesday, November 10 at 12:00 NOON MST., for funding for the SPRING 2022 semester. Applications received after this date/time will not be accepted, regardless of why they are late. You are STRONGLY advised to submit your application well in advance of the deadline date! If you submit your application prior to Monday, October 25 and it is incomplete or requires revisions, Betsyann Wilson will make every effort to assist you in making corrections. Applications received after Monday, October 25 will be accepted “as is.”
Executive Director, NPC Friends & Family
1611 S. Main St., Snowflake, AZ 85937
(928) 536-6245 | or via email