- Seeking the Bachelor of Applied Science in Early Childhood Education – Education plan completed by an Educator Preparation Programs (EPP) advisor.
- Completed associate degree, or in the last semester of an associate degree (completing final six credits) for associate degree.
- Enrolled for 6 or more credits at NPC during the semester of award. Preference will be given to applicants enrolled in nine or more credits.
- Cumulative Grade-Point Average of 2.5 or better.
- Not in overpayment status with NPC. Over the credit limit OK.
Students who have previously obtained a Bachelor's degree should contact Betsyann Wilson at email@example.com.
Submit the following application documents electronically, as a single .pdf, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attach all application documents as a single .pdf file in the order given below – Paper applications will not be accepted; your campus office or advisor can assist you in scanning the documents as required:
- NPC Friends and Family Scholarship Cover Letter Form (must be complete, signed, and dated)
- Essay – two to three typed, double-spaced pages (12-point font) – Addressing the following:
- What is your philosophy of education and specifically why is early childhood education important for children and communities?
- Why do you wish to attend the BAS-ECE program at Northland Pioneer College?
- What are your educational and professional/career goals?
- What have you done to date to meet your goals?
- Explain your commitment to maintaining enrollment and completing your BAS-ECE in two years?
- Describe the value you bring to Northland Pioneer College’s BAS-ECE program.
- What resources you have to fund your education making you qualified to receive this scholarship; and
- Why the scholarship is needed, and specifically how it will be used.
- Demonstration of financial status as evidenced by Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Student Aid Report (SAR) PAGE 1 ONLY, or letter of award or denial from NPC Financial Aid Office or MyNPC page for the academic year of the scholarship.
- Your unofficial transcript from https://mynpc.npc.edu/ics;
- Your education plan, completed by EPP advisor
- Applicants must have the recommendation of at least two individuals, including at least one college faculty member and one ECD professional or community member, as evidenced by letters of support.
Scholarship recipients may re-apply for this award in subsequent academic years (not to exceed two consecutive years).
Application Deadline: Thursday, November 30 at 12:00 p.m. MST., for funding for the SPRING 2024 semester. Applications received after this date/time will not be accepted, regardless of why they are late. You are STRONGLY advised to submit your application well in advance of the deadline date!
Established by a caring, lifelong early childhood educator who wants to help NPC BAS-ECE students succeed!
Questions For more information, contact NPC Friends and Family Executive Director Betsyann Wilson: 928-536-6245 or email@example.com