$1,000 toward tuition, books and fees for the academic year to current-year graduating seniors from Snowflake High School. $500 is awarded in the fall semester with spring-semester award based on continued academic progress.
Who is eligible to apply?
Current-year graduates of Snowflake High School who meet the following criteria:
- Degree or certificate-seeking at NPC.
- Graduating senior from Snowflake High School Class of 2024.
- Demonstrate financial need. Need is prioritized for this scholarship.
- Successfully completed prior credits at NPC at the time of award.
- Enrolled for 6 or more credits at NPC during the semester of award.
- Cumulative Grade-Point Average of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale.
- Students who will be going on a mission in the year following high school graduation may apply for the scholarship, and if awarded, may defer the award until they return from their mission and enroll at NPC.
How do you apply?
Attach all application documents as ONE, SINGLE PDF FILE, as directed on the online application form
- Essay – 500 words or fewer – Describing:
- What are your career goals;
- What are your educational goals;
- What resources you have to fund your education making you qualified to receive this scholarship; and
- Why the scholarship is needed, and how it will be used.
- Please include in the essay if you knew Dr. Palmer personally, and, if so, how he may have influenced or inspired you.
- Click here for tips on writing your scholarship essay
- View Video Tutorial on the Friends & Family Scholarship Process
The key to the scholarship essay is that it is a personal narrative, reflecting your experiences and goals. DO NOT USE ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE, SUCH AS CHAT GPT, to write your essay. It is important that your personal voice come through!
- Demonstration of financial status as evidenced by Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Student Aid Report (SAR) PAGE 1 ONLY or letter of award or denial from NPC Financial Aid Office or MyNPC page.
- Letter from high school showing you are on-track to graduate in Spring 2023; unofficial HS transcript
- NPC degree plan (Contact an NPC Academic Adviser) or your unofficial NPC transcript from https://mynpc.npc.edu/ics indicating your degree intent.
- Two letters of recommendation must be attached. One recommendation is required from a high school or college instructor, and one from a recommender of the applicant’s choice. Recommenders should reference the applicant by name in their letter.
IMPORTANT: Please attach all required documents to the application form.
NOTE: By completing this scholarship application, students will be considered for each of the NPC Friends & Family scholarships for which they meet the eligibility criteria.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Thursday, April 18 at 12:00 NOON MST., for funding for the FALL 2024 semester.
Applications received after this date/time will not be accepted, regardless of why they are late. You are STRONGLY advised to submit your application well in advance of the deadline date!
Questions Betsyann Wilson
Executive Director, NPC Friends & Family
1611 S. Main St., Snowflake, AZ 85937
(928) 536-6245 | or via email