Up to $1,500 for Native American students at Northland Pioneer College, who reside on tribal lands, and who must travel more than 30 miles from their physical home address to attend NPC classes. Award amount varies, based on student need and miles traveled.
1) Awardee must be registered for, and maintain enrollment in, a minimum of 6 credits during the semester of award.
2) Awardee must have a certificate or degree plan on file before applying for the award.
3) BEFORE APPLYING, applicant is required to demonstrate financial need based on completion of the FAFSA. Applicant must have a completed financial aid file with the NPC Financial Aid office, if applicable, at the time of the award.
4) Applicant must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale at the time of application, as evidenced by unofficial NPC transcript, or must be a new student at NPC.
5) Applicant must have registered for classes, at least one of which has a travel component required;
6) Applicant must have either paid in full for all classes, or have a payment plan on file with the NPC Business Office, before applying for the award.
7) Applicant must reside on Native American tribal lands, not less than 30 miles, one way, from the campus or center attended during the semester of award.
8) Applicant must have verifiable documentation of physical home address (see application form)
9) Applicant may reapply for the award in subsequent semesters, not to exceed 4 semesters.
10) Awardee must write a thank-you letter to the donor who provided the scholarship, before funds are disbursed.
*See application form. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details and assistance on your thank-you letter.
Submit all application documents electronically, as a single pdf file to email@example.com. Paper applications will not be accepted; your campus office or advisor can assist you in scanning the documents as required: Attach all application documents as a single .pdf file in the order given below. You may take your application to a campus or center and request that the front office or library scan them as a single .pdf file as follows:
Scholarship recipients may re-apply for this award in subsequent years (not to exceed four consecutive semesters).
VIEW THE FLYER!
- Completed, signed and dated NPC Friends and Family Scholarship Cover Letter Form (fillable)
- Completed application form Click Here for Fillable Application!
- Student Data Sheet for the semester of award (see your front office staff or academic advisor)
- Demonstration of financial status as evidenced by Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Student Aid Report (SAR) PAGE 1 ONLY or letter of award from NPC Financial Aid Office or MyNPC
- Unofficial NPC transcript from MyNPC, showing cumulative GPA and degree intent.
- If you do not have a zero account balance, documentation of payment arrangements for the semester of award
- Documentation of physical address (provide one of the following):
- Current, valid Arizona Driver’s License showing physical address
- Real estate deed, mortgage documents or property tax bill showing physical address
- Current water, gas, electric, telephone or cable bill showing physical address
- Current rental agreement showing physical address
For more information, contact NPC Friends and Family Executive Director Betsyann Wilson: 928-536-6245 or firstname.lastname@example.org