- Applicant must have earned an associate degree (AAS, AA, AS, ABus, AAEC, AAEE) at Northland Pioneer College, in the academic year prior to the awarding of the scholarship, as evidenced by transcript.
- Applicant must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale at the time of application, verifiable by transcript.
- Applicant must have the recommendation of two NPC faculty.
- Financial need, as demonstrated by the FAFSA Student Aid Report, will be considered, but is not mandatory.
- Prior to receiving the scholarship funds, the successful awardee must provide NPC Friends and Family with documentation that the awardee is enrolled, full-time, in the upcoming semester in a baccalaureate program at an accredited college or university.
- Submit the following application documents electronically, as a single .pdf, to email@example.com.
- NPC Friends and Family Scholarship Cover Letter Form (must be complete, signed, and dated)
- University Degree Plan: outlines the courses the applicant intends to take in order to complete a bachelor’s degree in the next 2–4 years
- Essay: a 500–1000 word essay, which addresses the following prompt:
- View Video Tutorial on the Friends & Family Scholarship Process
Describe a major challenge that you have faced in your life and how you overcame it (or are working to overcome it). Describe the challenges that you anticipate over the next five years as you leave home, complete your bachelor’s degree, and go on from there to further studies or a career. How will your past experiences help you to overcome these new challenges? How will you use your baccalaureate degree to give back to your community?
- NPC unofficial transcript, indicating your cumulative GPA, and verifying that you have completed the required credits for graduation from NPC with an AAS, AA, AS, ABus, AAEC or AAEE in the academic year prior to university transfer.
- Letter of acceptance into a residential baccalaureate program at an accredited college or university.
Demonstration of financial status as evidenced by Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Student Aid Report (SAR- PAGE ONE ONLY) will be considered.
- Two letters of support from faculty at NPC which address the applicant’s potential to succeed in a bachelor’s program. These letters must be submitted electronically, in .pdf format, to firstname.lastname@example.org by the authors. DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION YOURSELF.
Awardee must write a letter of thanks to “Dear AndyVon”, and email it to email@example.com, before funds are disbursed to awardee
For more information, contact NPC Friends and Family Executive Director Betsyann Wilson: 928-536-6245 or firstname.lastname@example.org