Northland Pioneer College (NPC) libraries will assist library customers with locating and obtaining the materials they need and want within the guidelines provided in the Library Policy and Procedure manual. Library employees will:
- without charge, assist customers with locating materials.
- provide customers with specific information on obtaining materials.
- offer customers a variety of sources for obtaining materials, including the library collection, database and web sources, inter-library loan and purchase, either by the patron or the library.
- inform customers as to other resources available for their use, including local library and museum collections, the statewide database project and the Arizona State Library.
Northland Pioneer College (NPC) is committed to resource sharing as a way to meet the information needs of library customers, both internal and external.
- NPC is an active member of AZNET. The College will loan materials to AZNET members without charge.
- Any person who has a borrower’s card from NPC Libraries may request materials via interlibrary loan (ILL).
- NPC will cover ILL shipping costs for all NPC library customers.
- NPC will provide the Arizona State Library, Archives and Public Records office with a copy of this policy each time the policy is updated.
- To accommodate the legal use of federal depository materials, any unaccompanied child under 18 may enter the libraries and use a computer when they self-identify at the library front desk, the need to access federal depository materials for research.