DATE: Saturday, Sept. 19, 2015
DEADLINE: Last day to register is Monday, Sept. 14 at 5:00 p.m.
COST PER BIKER: $80
(regardless of age)
Fee includes the entrance fee to the park, rider lanyard/passport, ride logo T-shirt, rider b-ball cap and draw string bag. Due to Federal park regulations we CANNOT register cyclists the day of the event.
LOCATION: Petrified Forest National Park
(Park entrance 26 miles east of Holbrook, AZ
on Interstate 40 - MP 311)
RIDE OPTIONS: This is not a race, it is a tour ride.
- Ride 1: 60-mile round trip of the Petrified National Park. Ride starts
at 7 a.m. at the north entrance of the park.
- Ride 2: 36-mile one-way trip to "Rainbow Forest" with transportation back to the starting point. Ride starts at 7:30 a.m. at the north entrance of the park.
- Download ride map.
- Download ride poster to help spread the word!
LIMIT: 200 riders total allowed in the park. Rider's space is reserved ONLY when both registration forms are complete and submitted and the entrance fee has been paid.
Number of riders currently registered: 170 – only 30 spots left!
NEED A PLACE TO STAY?:
La Posada Hotel in Winslow is our feature hotel. Rooms are still available for the night of Sept. 19.
- The Lexington Inn is offering a rate of $79 a night if you mention "Pedal the Petrified" when booking.
- Howard Johnson’s is offering a rate of $49.50 for a single, $55 for a double and $60 for a double with two beds. Call Maya Patel for these rates at (928) 524-2566.
DIRECTIONS: The Petrified Forest National Park stretches north and south between Interstate 40 and Highway 180, 26 miles east of Holbrook, AZ.
There are two entrances into the park. All riders will start at the NORTH ENTRANCE of the park (I-40 MP 311).
RULES & INFORMATION:
- All participants must sign a legal waiver.
- Children under the age of 18 must have a parent/guardian sign a waiver.
- All participants are required to wear a bike helmet.
- Due to the limited number of riders, we are NOT able to give refunds.*
- The bike rider fee must be paid online right after the submission of the registration form. Since we are limited to 200 riders, your place in the bike ride will only be reserved upon complete payment of the bike rider fee AND a completed registration form.
- All participants must obey all traffic laws and park regulations. All roads in the park will still be open to traffic.
- No littering.
- Shuttle service will be available for riders who participate in the 36 mile ride back to the north entrance.
- Emergency services will be available within the park.
- Each passport stop will have water and snacks available.
- The Pedal the Petrified bike ride will run as scheduled, rain or shine. No refunds or vouchers will be provided due to inclement weather. Participants are responsible for preparing for and reacting to weather conditions. Riders are responsible for their own safety.
*No refunds issued after August 15, 2015. A 15% processing fee will be applied to all refunds.