Northland Pioneer College Scholarship Ride
Fees, Schedule & Registration
DATE: Saturday, Sept. 20, 2014
DEADLINE: Last day to register is Monday, Sept. 15 at 5:00 p.m.
COST PER BIKER: Now until June 1: $60 | June 2 - Sept. 1: $75 | Sept. 2 - Sept. 15: $100 (regardless of age).
Fee includes the entrance fee to the park, rider lanyard/passport, ride logo T-shirt, metal water bottle and draw string bag. Due to Federal park regulations we CANNOT register cyclists the day of the event.
LOCATION: Petrified Forest National Park in Holbrook, AZ
RIDE OPTIONS: This is not a race, it is a tour ride.
LIMIT: 200 riders total allowed in the park. Rider's space is reserved ONLY when registration forms are complete and submitted and all entrance fees are paid.
RAISE MONEY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS! Riders may (not required) help raise additional money for NPC student scholarships by seeking sponsorships of 50¢ or more per mile. Your sponsorship funds could change a student's life! Download a rider sponsorship sheet. NPC is not allowed to collect money in the park. Sponsorship money may be brought to any NPC front office location or mailed via check to: Northland Pioneer College, Attn. Debra Fisher, 1611 S. Main St., Snowflake, AZ 85937. Make check payable to: NPC Pedal the Petrified.
PRIZES: Each rider will have a passport lanyard and collecting a stamp at each of the 10 designated stops. Finished passports will be entered into the drawing for prizes at the finish lines. Winners will be notified by phone the day of the event.
DIRECTIONS: The Petrified Forest National Park stretches north and south between Interstate 40 and Highway 180 in Holbrook, AZ. There are two entrances into the park. All riders will start at the NORTH ENTRANCE of the park. See directions to the park.
RULES & INFORMATION:
- All participants must sign a legal waiver.
- Children under the age of 18 must have a parent/guardian sign a waiver.
- All participants are required to wear a bike helmet.
- Due to the limited number of riders, we are NOT able to give refunds for the bike tour fee.
- The bike rider fee of must be paid online right after the submission of the registration form. Since we are limited to 200 riders, your place in the bike ride will only be reserved upon complete payment of the bike rider fee AND a completed registration form.
- All participants must obey all traffic laws and park regulations. All roads in the park will still be open to traffic.
- No littering.
- Shuttle service will be available for riders who participate in the 36 mile ride back to the north entrance.
- Emergency services will be available within the park.
- Each passport stop will have water and snacks available.
Call Debra Fisher at (928) 536-6235 or send her an email.