for NPC student scholarships.
We are at 227 riders! Do NOT delay in submitting your registrations!
LIMIT: Only 250 riders total allowed in the park! Rider's space is reserved ONLY when the registration form is completed and the entrance fee has been paid.
COST PER BIKER: $86 (regardless of age)
Fee includes the entrance fee to the park, ride logo T-shirt and draw string bag. Due to Federal park regulations we CANNOT register cyclists the day of the event.
LOCATION: Petrified Forest National Park
(Park entrance 26 miles east of Holbrook, AZ
on Interstate 40 - Mile Post 311)
TWO RIDE OPTIONS: (This is not a race, it is a tour ride.)
- Metric Century: 100 km/63-mile round trip of the Petrified National Park. Ride starts at 7 a.m. at
the north entrance of the park.
- Metric Half-Century: 50 km/31-mile one-way trip to "Rainbow Forest" with transportation back to
the starting point. Ride starts at 7:30 a.m. at the north entrance of the park.
Find out more here.
(not included in $86 rider fee)
- 1st prize = $1,000 gift card
- 2nd prize = $500 gift card
- 3rd prize = $250 gift card
DIRECTIONS: The Petrified Forest National Park stretches north and south between Interstate 40 and Highway 180, 26 miles east of Holbrook, AZ.
There are two entrances into the park. All riders will start at the NORTH ENTRANCE of the park (I-40 MP 311).
RULES & INFORMATION:
- All participants must sign a legal waiver.
- Children under the age of 18 must have a parent/guardian sign a waiver.
- All participants are required to wear a bike helmet.
- Due to the limited number of riders, we are NOT able to give refunds.*
- Since we are limited to 250 riders, your participation in this ride will only be reserved upon
complete payment of the bike rider fee.
- All participants must obey all traffic laws and park regulations. All roads in the park will still be open to traffic.
- No littering.
- Shuttle service will be available for riders who participate in the 31-mile ride back to the north entrance.
- Emergency services will be available within the park. All riders are expected to accommodate their own
non-emergency medical needs.
- Each SAG stop will have water and snacks available. Riders are expected to accommodate their own dietary restrictions.
- The Pedal the Petrified bike ride will run as scheduled, rain or shine. No refunds or vouchers will be provided due to inclement weather. Participants are responsible for preparing for and reacting to weather conditions.
- Riders are responsible for their own safety.
*No refunds issued after August 3, 2017. A 15% processing fee will be applied to all refunds.