DATE: Saturday, Sept. 19, 2015
DEADLINE: Last day to register is Monday, Sept. 14 at 5:00 p.m.
COST PER BIKER: $80
(regardless of age)
Fee includes the entrance fee to the park, rider lanyard/passport, ride logo T-shirt, rider b-ball cap and draw string bag. Due to Federal park regulations we CANNOT register cyclists the day of the event.
LOCATION: Petrified Forest National Park in Holbrook, AZ
RIDE OPTIONS: This is not a race, it is a tour ride.
at 7 a.m. at the north entrance of
LIMIT: 200 riders total allowed in the park. Rider's space is reserved ONLY when both registration forms are complete and submitted and the entrance fee has been paid.
PLEASE HELP RAISE MONEY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS! Riders may (not required) help raise additional money for NPC student scholarships by seeking sponsorships of 50¢ or more per mile. Your sponsorship funds could change a student's life! Download a rider sponsorship sheet. NPC is not allowed to collect money in the park. Sponsorship money may be brought to any NPC front office location or mailed via check to: Northland Pioneer College, Attn. Betsyann Wilson, 1611 S. Main St., Snowflake, AZ 85937. Make check payable to: NPC Pedal the Petrified.
Number of riders currently registered: 70
NEDD A PLACE TO STAY?: La Posada Hotel in Winslow is our feature hotel. Rooms are still available for
the night of Sept. 19.
In Holbrook, The Lexington Inn is offering a rate of $79 a night if you mention "Pedal the Petrified" when booking.
DIRECTIONS: The Petrified Forest National Park stretches north and south between Interstate 40 and Highway 180 in Holbrook, AZ. There are two entrances into the park. All riders will start at the NORTH ENTRANCE of the park. See directions to the park.
RULES & INFORMATION:
- All participants must sign a legal waiver.
- Children under the age of 18 must have a parent/guardian sign a waiver.
- All participants are required to wear a bike helmet.
- Due to the limited number of riders, we are NOT able to give refunds.*
- The bike rider fee must be paid online right after the submission of the registration form. Since we are limited to 200 riders, your place in the bike ride will only be reserved upon complete payment of the bike rider fee AND a completed registration form.
- All participants must obey all traffic laws and park regulations. All roads in the park will still be open to traffic.
- No littering.
- Shuttle service will be available for riders who participate in the 36 mile ride back to the north entrance.
- Emergency services will be available within the park.
- Each passport stop will have water and snacks available.
*No refunds issued after August 15, 2015. A 15% processing fee will be applied to all refunds.