NPC Student Ambassadors are a group of outstanding students who are selected to represent the college to prospective students, their families and the community at large. The most qualified and diverse students from a variety of majors are chosen to work together to build on our college's outstanding reputation and bring future Golden Eagles to our campus.
As an ambassador, you'll represent NPC and its many entities, both on- and off-campus by providing campus tours, assisting new students' transition to NPC, promoting opportunities to be actively involved on campus and advancing the ideals of higher education. This is a paid position, $500 per semester (see $ Award tab below for details).
Why should you become a Student Ambassador?
You'll develop a wide range of valuable and highly transferable skills! In today’s world, employers, colleges and universities are looking for more than just good grades; they want community involvement and service. As an ambassador, you'll gain leadership skills that will help build your résumé and future university scholarship applications.
You'll have the opportunity to earn letters of recommendation and Merit awards or simply get connected to and serve your college while helping students and the public learn more about NPC.
- Are positive individuals
- Excellent communicators
- Provide excellent customer service
- Are open to learning new things
- Have a commitment to the success and promotion of NPC
- Exhibit leadership, initiative, dependability, discipline and enthusiasm
What will I have to do?
- Conduct campus/center tours for new students, schools, classes and guests.
- As assigned, Ambassadors will represent Northland Pioneer College during on- or off-campus/center events.
- Assist with duties and tasks related to events put on by various Northland Pioneer College departments.
- Work with diverse populations and provide tips on being a successful student.
- Assist with variety of campus/center front office-related tasks.
- Attend monthly Student Government Association meetings and required trainings.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Student Ambassadors must commit to one academic year (i.e. Fall 2018 semester and Spring 2019 semester).
- Be enrolled as a full-time student (12 or more credit hours).
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 at the end of each semester at NPC.
- Must be degree-seeking student at NPC.
Accompanying award covers:
- $500 per semester based on participation of 40 documented semester service hours
- This is a non-need-based award (you don't have to be financial aid eligible)
- Award is non-transferable to another college.
Compensation is awarded at the end of each fall/spring semester to students who meet the participation requirements.