- The student applying must be in a student program for their health career or health related field of study..
- Applicant must be American Indian or Alaskan Native with documentation of Tribal enrollment.
- First priority is given to the Arizona Indians residing in Arizona.
- Applicant with a firm commitment to completing studies for a health career must be enrolled and accepted in an institution of higher learning.
- Applicant is required to complete an IHCA Award Application. (PDF)
- Applicant will be judged on the basis of merit, ambition, perseverance, reliability and established need.
Indian Health Career Award
Final Deadline Text
July 15th (Fall) and November 15th (Spring) - Annually. Note: Deadline is next business day if 15th falls on a weekend.