This scholarship is available to both part-time and full-time students who apply and meet all eligibility requirements. Students must complete a FAFSA and verify their employment status. If awarded the scholarship, a student would have to provide employment verification in order to re-apply for the scholarship each semester. The scholarship would be available for (4) four academic semesters or (2) two years. This is a tuition-only, last-dollar scholarship. All other scholarships and gifts of aid an individual receives must be applied before the Back to Work Education Incentives are awarded and (as a result) any recipient will not be eligible to receive a scholarship refund.
- Received unemployment benefits for the benefit week that ends May 8, 2021 or May 15, 2021, although the individual who files an initial unemployment benefit payment may be issued in a later week.
- An individual who files an initial unemployment benefits claim after May 15, 2021 is not eligible for Back to Work Education Incentives even if the individual files a claim for the weeks before benefit week ending May 8, 2021 or May 15, 2021.
- Obtained employment on or between May 15, 2021 through September 6, 2021.
- Currently does not receive unemployment benefits at the time of applying for Back to Work Education Incentives.
- Currently works at least (20) twenty hours per week at the time of application and agrees to maintain employment of at least an average of (20) twenty hours per week while receiving Back to Work Education Incentives.
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Demonstrate a financial need as determined by the FAFSA application process.
- Be enrolled in the participating community college for a minimum of (6) six credit hours per semester.
If you believe you meet eligibility requirements, please see below:
- Submit FAFSA – FAFSA must be received and fully processed to determine financial need before Back to Work Education Incentives Scholarship eligibility can be determined.
- Email Request – Once FAFSA processing is complete and your eligibility has been determined, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line, content, and attachments:
- Subject Line: Back to Work Education Incentives Scholarship
- Email Body: Name (First and Last), Student ID, Contact Number
- Attachment(s) 1: Proof of unemployment benefits received for the benefit week that ends May 8, 2021 or May 15, 2021.
- Attachment(s) 2: Proof of current employment (3 most recent pay stubs). Please note, hours worked must average (20) twenty hours per week.