Private Counseling through META Student Teletherapy
All currently enrolled Northland Pioneer College students are eligible for online counseling sessions on the META app. Choose your own provider and use chat, video, and voice counseling whenever you want from your smartphone.
- META is 100% Confidential
The contact you have with providers is not shared with anyone, including your school.
- Free Counseling Sessions
NPC is covering the costs for a limited number of counseling sessions, available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Choose your counselor. Connect whenever and wherever works for you, from the privacy of your phone. With META you’re in control.
It's Easy to Get Started!
STEP 1: Download the META app to your phone by using the QR code below or by downloading the app from the AppleStore or from GooglePlay. Search for META Student Wellness. Need help with the app, call 833-844-META.
STEP 2: Open the app and choose a licensed Therapist by browse the directory. Use the advanced filters to show providers offering school-sponsored sessions.
STEP 3: Start a dialogue, connect with a therapist over chat, video or voice call.
META Can Help You With:
- Stress, Anxiety, Panic - For help with general worry, distress, school related issues (finals, homesickness, roommate, etc…), coping skills, immigration, social distress, public speaking issues, panic attacks, phobias, social anxiety, etc.
- Academic Burnout - Feel better about your future career or get help managing your time.
- Depression - For help with feelings of sadness, lack of motivation, times of extreme sadness mixed with times of extreme happiness and energy, thoughts of suicide*, self-harm*, etc.
- Pandemic Fatigue - Talk with a counselor about how to cope with the pandemic.
- Gender & Sexuality - For help with concerns specific to LGBTQI+, sexuality and or gender fluidity, transition support, etc.
- Veterans - For help with concerns specific to veteran’s health, wellbeing, PTSD, etc.
- Trauma - For help with past, recent, and or ongoing; abuse, violence, trauma, PTSD, etc.
- Substance Abuse - For help with excessive use and or issues related to substances, medication, alcohol, etc.