Watch This 2-Part Video!
Diagnosis: Plagiarism Parts 1 & 2
The following DVDs will help you learn about…
Academic Integrity Tutorial from University of Maryland
Plagiarism from Purdue Online Writing Lab
To be used when:
- Teaching students how to avoid plagiarizing
- Instructor's referral in cases of suspected plagiarism:
- Student is given the option of Plagiarism Traffic School or referral to Vice President for Learning & Student Services for a Student Code of Conduct issue.
- Instructor completes the online referral form.
- Instructor submits the form electronically to the Vice President of Learning and Student Services and a copy to the student.
- Student is referred to the Academic Integrity Tutorial site. The referral form has directions for the student.
- Student completes the tutorial within two (2) weeks of date referral form is sent.
- Student sends the Summary of Answers page and certificate of completion to the instructor. (print or email)
- Instructor sends date-stamped certificate of completion to the Vice President of Learning and Student Services.
- Vice President of Learning and Student Services maintains a database of the use of this service.
- If the student does not complete the tutorial by the deadline, the Vice President of Learning and Student Services will contact the student and inform them of a Code of Conduct issue.
- Links to VAIL are available here for faculty and on the MyCourses tab in MyNPC for students.
- Academic Integrity Tutorial. This project was developed by the Center for Intellectual Property at University of Maryland University College.
- Reminder - FERPA regulations apply.