Initial salary range of $38,685 to $46,448 depending on education and experience.
Reports to the Small Business Development Center Director
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required verification document upon hire.
Valid driver's license.
- 6 years’ successful business ownership and/or 4+ years commercial credit underwriting experience and/or Master’s Degree in Business, Finance or Marketing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business and/or 3+ years owning and running a profitable business and/or 3+ years in a bank lending with skills that demonstrates the required knowledge and abilities. An example of this would be in small business ownership equivalent to 3-5 years. Or 3+ years banking experience with direct experience in business lending.
Provide 1 to1, confidential, business and financial planning guidance to small business clients who wish to start, grow or transition a business in NE Arizona. Plan, organize and/or conduct training events. This position will require a lot of travel through-out Navajo & Apache counties including the Navajo, Apache and Hopi reservations. Use of an NPC vehicle for travel will be provided. Valid driver’s license is required.
- Provides business assistance services in accordance with SBA guidelines and procedures.
- Promotes the SBDC and related services and recruits/refers SBDC clients and program participants.
- Follows policies and procedures for the Arizona SBDC Network offices.
- Reports activities using statewide database for counseling, training, and information transfer reports.
- Reports results from counseling efforts, including new or retained jobs, increased sales, new loans, and new capital investment.
- Represent the Center in college or community meetings as requested by the Director; work in close cooperation with other college staff, SBDC’s and Chamber of Commerce to promote the role of the Center in economic development activities.
- Manages in-coming calls for service and directs them to the resources.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge and abilities in:
- Business operations, including finance, operating control systems, human resource management customer service, marketing, public relations, and governmental regulations.
- Principles and practices of business ownership.
- Understand complex business problems; elicit and summarize sensitive information using interview and counseling techniques.
- Current trends in business organization and management, including the economics and needs of the local business community.
- Communicate effectively in written and verbal forms, using correct English grammar, syntax, spelling, and business terminology.
- Work independently to identify, prioritize and complete tasks. Work on concurrent projects in a dynamic environment, performing duties under strict time restraints.