Initial salary range of $13.63 to $16.51 per hour depending on education and experience.
Non-exempt, Level II
Reports to the Director of Facilities and Vehicles.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required verification document upon hire.
Valid driver's license.
- Associates degree in construction or related area
- Four years’ experience in general maintenance.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum three years’ experience in general maintenance or related field
To maintain the facilities in a condition of operating excellence to ensure their full educational use at all times. Under general supervision, performs maintenance, repair and replacement of College facilities. Daily assignments given under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Performs general maintenance and repairs such as electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting, concrete, drywall and related areas. Custodial duties as assigned.
- Conducts ongoing program of general maintenance upkeep and repair.
- Reports major repairs and damaged property to Maintenance Supervisor.
- Assures equipment is maintained in good mechanical condition by performing regular maintenance, and notifying Maintenance Supervisor of any problems.
- Participates in a complete preventive maintenance/obsolescence program with accurate record keeping for all units and equipment, as assigned.
- Troubleshoots defective equipment, and repairs/replaces as needed.
- Maintains an awareness of the function and operation of utilities servicing the facility
- Assists with general security and fire safety of facility.
- Complies with EPA, OSHA, ADOT and all other federal, state, city and district inspections and requirements.
- Recommends supplies and equipment purchases.
- Assists in solving problems and determining future material and equipment requirements.
- Responds to emergency/non-emergency calls after hours and weekends.
- Work with grounds crew as assigned.
- Snow and ice removal during winter months.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
General knowledge of construction trades and management principles. General verbal and written skills. Ability to read and comprehend the English language sufficiently in order to read and understand written information and to understand verbal directions and instructions. Ability to perform basic mathematics functions, read blueprints and analyze data.