Part-time, Adjunct Faculty
Dean of Nursing and Allied Health
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required verification document upon hire.
Valid driver's license.
Bachelor’s degree in health-care related discipline.
- Current licensure, active and in good standing as required by the Arizona State Board of Massage Therapy.
- Associates degree in massage therapy and 3 years of occupational experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency (experience/training) in instructional methodology or program planning.
- Proficiency in educational and communication technology, i.e., keyboarding, email, internet research, and standard Microsoft Office applications.
A minimum of 5 years of work experience directly related to therapeutic massage taught may substitute for a portion of the minimum educational standards for this position. Industry-recognized credentials and certifications may substitute for a portion of the minimum educational and work experience standards for this position.
Teach in a community college curriculum that supports the mission of the college to create, support, and promotes life long learning. The instructor is primarily responsible for creating a learning and teaching environment for students in accordance with the educational objectives of the college. Reports to the Dean of Nursing and Allied Health.
- Demonstrate knowledge and competence in the field.
- Prepare and provide classroom instruction that is learner-centered and promotes participation in the learning process, emphasizing practical and theoretical concepts. Selects appropriate student assignments.
- Use course text, outlines, syllabi, and other curriculum materials in accordance with college and department guidelines.
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively with faculty, students, and staff in the college and members of the advisory board.
- Implement evaluation devices of student learning experiences to measure progress and competency. For example: prepare and administer examinations; evaluate student progress; maintain records of student attendance and performance in classroom and hands-on, practical experiences.
- Selection and requisition of supplies and equipment necessary to achieve the course objectives and support learning.
- Maintaining and securing inventory and reporting equipment maintenance problems promptly.
- Respond to student questions and concerns in a timely manner.
- Refer students for advisement and counseling as needed.
- Collaborate with other faculty in the development, implementation, evaluation, and revision of curriculum.
- Communicate with the dean and colleagues regarding student issues, problems with student progression or behavioral concerns in the course.
- Evidence sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Follows the policies and procedures of the college, maintaining the security of equipment and supplies, emphasizing safety, protecting confidentiality, and supporting academic rigor.
- Travel between campuses / centers may be required.